Thread: Resale value of new Komodo?

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hastings View Post
    Are your lenses RF?

BE aware that Komodo does not support RF lenses only the EF lenses with an EF-RF adapter.
    Thanks, Michael, for alerting me to the incompatibility with RF lenses. The idea of having to repurchase EF lenses after recently selling all but one in my kit may very well put an end to my thoughts of possibly ordering a Komodo. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by John Corkery View Post
    Thanks, Michael, for alerting me to the incompatibility with RF lenses. The idea of having to repurchase EF lenses after recently selling all but one in my kit may very well put an end to my thoughts of possibly ordering a Komodo. Oh well.
    Don't worry! If the camera isn't for you, you won't be missing out on anything. Sure, the discount is great, but ultimately if your work leads you down the path of getting one, you'll be able to grab it without concern of the discount. If you're questioning it at all, probably not worth it anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by John Corkery View Post
    Does not support AS OF YET, they will be supported in future updates

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Lubensky View Post
    where has this been stated affirmatively, and what is the expected timeline?

That's nice to say but is there any company - RED or others that have proven camera/mount side support for RF lens protocol?

There are many companies that have created mounts for various cameras for the 30+ year old EF protocol but it may not be that easy for the 2 year old RF protocol.
    Save the Sharks
    RED Komodo soon. Original Manufacturer of RedOne & Epic/Scarlet/Weapon Underwater housings - contact us for sale or rent. RED owner since REDONE SN206. Manufacturer of Eye2Eye direct eye contact interviewing rig. 954.937.6600 (send a text first-having to use spam blocker these days) ... aquavideo1 at yahoo.com

I’m not trying to stir the pot, because it may get cracked and implemented. BUT I will reiterate: Buy a camera for what it does TODAY, not what it is promised to do tomorrow. Most of us have probably been in at least one bar that had a sign up that said “Free Beer Tomorrow”. Raise your hand if you ever collected on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher A. Bell View Post
    snip: BUT I will reiterate: Buy a camera for what it does TODAY, not what it is promised to do tomorrow.
    So tired of hearing this lame**s statement.

I and others have simply been asking for an OFFICIAL statement of the roadmap for a very important function - that is a reasonable request given that the company chose to use this particular mount. As is evident from the original posters questions - it is sort of reasonable to expect that it would support the lenses for which the mount was created.

And it is further reasonable to ask for clarity since we have been given a fairly short deadline to exercise the "discount" that we have been offered after buying another RED product that was a bit overhyped and failed to ever provide the promised accessories and left a bad taste in the mouth of almost every purchaser.

And we have other Redusers telling us it WILL be supported in future updates - so it's not unreasonable to ask for an OFFICIAL statement.

Save the Sharks
    RED Komodo soon. Original Manufacturer of RedOne & Epic/Scarlet/Weapon Underwater housings - contact us for sale or rent. RED owner since REDONE SN206. Manufacturer of Eye2Eye direct eye contact interviewing rig. 954.937.6600 (send a text first-having to use spam blocker these days) ... aquavideo1 at yahoo.com

I and others have simply been asking for an OFFICIAL statement of the roadmap for a very important function
    And I notice you haven't gotten one yet, either. So it seems like my "lame ass statement" is the most sound advice currently available.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher A. Bell View Post
    And I notice you haven't gotten one yet, either. So it seems like my "lame ass statement" is the most sound advice currently available.
    Didn't mean to offend you personally - the same statement has been made many times on REDUSER.

However... I would note that as an early adopter/purchaser of 4 generations of RED cameras, every purchase was based on what it was "promised to do tomorrow". And it was/is the same for thousands of RED purchasers.
    Save the Sharks

Didn't mean to offend you personally - the same statement has been made many times on REDUSER.

However... I would note that as an early adopter/purchaser of 4 generations of RED cameras, every purchase was based on what it was "promised to do tomorrow". And it was/is the same for thousands of RED purchasers.
    All good. Things get lost in translation a lot of times, when it’s text only.

I and others have simply been asking for an OFFICIAL statement of the roadmap for a very important function - that is a reasonable request given that the company chose to use this particular mount. As is evident from the original posters questions - it is sort of reasonable to expect that it would support the lenses for which the mount was created.

And it is further reasonable to ask for clarity since we have been given a fairly short deadline to exercise the "discount" that we have been offered after buying another RED product that was a bit overhyped and failed to ever provide the promised accessories and left a bad taste in the mouth of almost every purchaser.

And we have other Redusers telling us it WILL be supported in future updates - so it's not unreasonable to ask for an OFFICIAL statement.
    Reiterating this statement, as yes now its about to be december (christmas?) an we have a very short timeline to make a $5k purchase (since we believed in the hydrogen (i still do) and since we have as michael says purchased and believed many times over in red). So yeah is the RF DOA?

I have a bad feeling or a bad taste as well. I feel like Jarred is not happy about the discount, and I feel like Jarred is not even happy about Jim or something? the REALITY IS THAT THE HYDROGEN WAS AND IS FUCKING AWESOME AND FUCK YOUTUBE REVIEWERS AND STUPID ASS BLOGGER REVIEWERS WHO DONT HAVE THE FORWARD THIKNING ABILITY TO SEE HOW FUCKING DOPE THIS STUFF ACTUALLY IS. MUCH LIKE HOW MANY GENERATIONS OF RED CAMERAS.

Hydrogen is and was the fucking best "phone" ever. And its a shame so many stupid ass people commented on it TOO SOON and its called the worst product of the year? YEAH FUCKING RIGHT!!!!!!

Its the best fucking product ever. That being said its obsolete in terms of the OS not being updated, and not having the damn camera module which is/is not/ what komodo was invented to be allegedly.

That being said I hope the komodo isn't DOAed and I do in fact think it is being neutered much like the Scarlet-W was a 6k camera released as a 5k camera to not infringe on the others, and then "upgraded" to 6k suddenly.

I think the Komodo is better than its current public specs but some rug will get pulled out... either the price halved in a few months or more features unlocked. 60p 6k. etc.

Imagine if Komodo was "$3k." Goodbye black magic.

Anyway I hope to still buy one but the window we have for the discount it stressful.