Thread: Motion Mount not recognized

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Motion Mount not recognized 
    Hi guys -

I have an DSMC Motion Mount EF from my Dragon and just tried to test it on the MONSTRO, as I have an upcoming project that could benefit from the global shutter.
    Oddly the camera does not recognize the mount at all. Are the S35 DSMC1 mounts not compatible with the DSMC2/VV body? Rediscovering Hardware did not change anything. I am on the latest FW but have not tried to reinstall w/ MM on.

Any input would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Tim
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    timsessler.com & brooklynaerials.com | RED Monstro 8K VV

If it doesnít work, it might be because itís not VV so RED just didnít bother with compatibility.

Also heard it gets super wonky on DSMC2 (when there is support, itís even more limited than normal).

sometimes it doesnt get recognized on my DSCM1, i just take it off, clean the contacts and put it back on and it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Uros Zuraj View Post
    sometimes it doesnt get recognized on my DSCM1, i just take it off, clean the contacts and put it back on and it works.
    Tried that. No success so far. RED also didn't found anything wrong in the camera LOGs. I assume the mount somehow died and will have to be serviced.

Cheers!
    Tim
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

i had same issue with Nikon Ti mount. after i dont know how many restarts, installation of the firmware and fiddling i just couldn't make it work. then some time after my AC made it work just lake that. i asked her what have she did , that i didnt do my self and she told me that she just simply put it on. it seams that after some time it just worked. This is not an answer that you want and it really made me nervous but i never had that issue again.
    Epic-W Helium 8k #6819

Quote Originally Posted by Luka Sanader View Post
    i had same issue with Nikon Ti mount. after i dont know how many restarts, installation of the firmware and fiddling i just couldn't make it work. then some time after my AC made it work just lake that. i asked her what have she did , that i didnt do my self and she told me that she just simply put it on. it seams that after some time it just worked. This is not an answer that you want and it really made me nervous but i never had that issue again.
    Super bizarre! Definitely doesn't make you feel better, eh?

Heard from the RED engineers again and apparently there are some errors that they found in the log coming from both MM and camera. Both camera and mount would have to go in for service to be debugged - although they did not see any other issues with the camera. Pretty frustrating!