Thread: DSMC2 V-LOCK I/O EXPANDER - HDMI Output

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 DSMC2 V-LOCK I/O EXPANDER - HDMI Output 
    Hey Folks,

I would like to preface this by saying, I'm a Red n00b here. Just entered the environment a few weeks ago, so please pardon my lack of base knowledge.

With that being said, I just started getting acquainted with my Raven and have noticed a few quirks. I'm hoping it's something basic I've overlooked.

The hdmi output on my i/o expander doesn't really appear to be working normally. When connected to an external monitor (TV at home is the best I could do for the moment), I can see the boot sequence happening but then I lose signal when it tries to cut over to the camera feed.

I am aware the hdmi cannot be used in conjunction with the secondary monitor pathway on the left of the body. I don't have anything attached there currently.

I've also tried several different combinations of cabling, camera settings, reseating the expander, etc.

It's also worth noting that I cannot see any HDMI settings at all in the Menu > Monitoring> Monitors (so I cannot change monitor output resolution, frequency, etc) nor can I actually see that the i/o expander is attached to the camera via Menu > Settings > Maintenance > System Status > Attached Modules (it is still unclear to me whether it should be showing here or not)

I have upgraded my firmware to the latest version (7.4.1) thinking it might help but I'm running out of things to try.

Any help is appreciated!

At this point, I'm assuming it is the module itself. Hopefully it's not the board in the body

Updated:

After sending it in for evaluation, it was determined that the main board within the expander needed replaced. The brain was fine. The repair was even relatively inexpensive given the replacement cost of an expander.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

You didn't use the left connector of the brain for a monitor?