MainConcept
    https://www.mainconcept.com/us/bmd-beta.html

Color Warper-Girl in Car

Original

Color Warper

Color Warper + HDR Primaries

Original

Last edited by rand thompson; 11-26-2020 at 09:52 PM.

Color Warper-Girl on Bed 2

Original

Color Warper

Rand,
    Obviously you're a seriously warped individual. Ha ha.
    I have edited in FCP, FCPX, Premiere Pro and very early versions of Resolve (not so reliable). Based upon your offerings in this thread I decided to take the plunge, again, and see what Resolve has to offer.
    While I am still figuring out where tools are and how they differ between the various NLE's I am genuinely impressed with what I've found.
    I recently shot some landscape at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. I edited in Premiere Pro and liked the resulting images. After a brief tour of the Resolve tutorials I purchased the Studio version. Although I did not use the additional features (yet) of the Studio Version I started from scratch and re-edited the Grand Canyon material using the same EDL. The result - different software and improved methodology from the BMD tutorials - is visually striking. There REALLY is a difference. Maybe I could achieve the same look in Premiere Pro but the improvement was easy in Resovle 16. BTW: I spoke with the BMD customer service guy and he advised sticking with 16 for the moment; which I did but I will upgrade to 17 as soon as it's fully cooked.
    Bottom line: I will continue my pursuit of Resolve. Last, but not least: Many thanks to you for the contributions of information and for stimulating this effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A. Jaeger View Post
    Rand,
    Obviously you're a seriously warped individual. Ha ha.
    I have edited in FCP, FCPX, Premiere Pro and very early versions of Resolve (not so reliable). Based upon your offerings in this thread I decided to take the plunge, again, and see what Resolve has to offer.
    While I am still figuring out where tools are and how they differ between the various NLE's I am genuinely impressed with what I've found.
    I recently shot some landscape at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. I edited in Premiere Pro and liked the resulting images. After a brief tour of the Resolve tutorials I purchased the Studio version. Although I did not use the additional features (yet) of the Studio Version I started from scratch and re-edited the Grand Canyon material using the same EDL. The result - different software and improved methodology from the BMD tutorials - is visually striking. There REALLY is a difference. Maybe I could achieve the same look in Premiere Pro but the improvement was easy in Resovle 16. BTW: I spoke with the BMD customer service guy and he advised sticking with 16 for the moment; which I did but I will upgrade to 17 as soon as it's fully cooked.
    Bottom line: I will continue my pursuit of Resolve. Last, but not least: Many thanks to you for the contributions of information and for stimulating this effort.
    Mark,

HaHaHaHaHa, Thanks! I started out in Avid Media Composer and I kept hearing about this Davinci Resolve program. I thought what can this program do that I can't do in Media Composer with the Symphony option, the answer everything.

The computer I had at that time didn't meet the minimum requirements to install and run Reolve on. So I purchased a new one and I haven't look back at Avid Media Composer in about almost three years now.

I think sticking with Resolve 16 for now is a good idea. Resolve 17 has an almost completely new way of doing things, I'm trying to get use to the changes myself.

Color Warper + HDR Primaries-Girl on the Beach

Simple correction

Original

Color Warper-Girl in Classic Car

Original

Color Warper

DaVinci Resolve 17 FREE VERSION TOP NEW FEATURES

By
    Alli and Will

Color Warper- Swimsuit Model and Ferrari

Original