Thread: DAVINCI RESOLVE 15.3.0.008 DOESN NOT SEES KOMODO R3Ds

Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1 DAVINCI RESOLVE 15.3.0.008 DOESN NOT SEES KOMODO R3Ds 
    I can't use Resolve 16 or 17 because of my Nvidia GPUs on Mac, I'm stucked on High Sierra

    any solution for this?

    thank you and have a nice day
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member jake blackstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Karim Iglesias View Post
    I can't use Resolve 16 or 17 because of my Nvidia GPUs on Mac, I'm stucked on High Sierra

    any solution for this?

    thank you and have a nice day
    Yes, get an AMD GPU, problem solved.
    Jake Blackstone
    Colorist
    Los Angeles
    MOD Color Web Site
    Demo Reel
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Karim Iglesias View Post
    I can't use Resolve 16 or 17 because of my Nvidia GPUs on Mac, I'm stucked on High Sierra

    any solution for this?

    thank you and have a nice day
    After 30 years I gave up on Mac last year and built my first PC with AMD 3950x 16 core with a 2080 ti card for $3000. If I would have gone back in time and said to myself, in 10 years you will switch to a PC, I would have laughed at myself, no way possible. But now days everything runs on both platforms, if it isn't made by Apple. Photoshop, premiere, Cinema 4D and Resolve look and feel the same on both machines. I use a Mac for work and a PC for personal projects so I know they are identical. I am not intending this reply to fuel a Mac / PC war, just my personal experience. But Mac has become to limiting and expensive for me, and my switch went great and I am happy with a faster, cheaper machine that I built myself. Windows 10 is not as good as the Mac OS, but I have never had a client call me up and pay me to play around with the OS. Consider building a machine, it was fun!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    4,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars Wikstrom View Post
    After 30 years I gave up on Mac last year and built my first PC
    Far too many seem to think that you have to have Apple for everything instead of just seeing where the strengths and weaknesses are. For pure power, PC is king, for critical color viewing, Apple is king. Windows sucks, OSX rocks. For writing and planning, Apple is king, for broadening the possibilities within one system, PC is king. So it's easy to just make a list.

    Administration, writing, planning = Use Macbook, iPhones and iPads.

    DIT, file handling, QC on location = Macbook

    Pure editing with proxies and nothing else = Macbook

    Editing, Color Grading, Compositing and VFX = PC + a good monitor for critical color viewing video output and Eizo screen as a monitor (though Windows color settings are an abomination compared to OSX)
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600 Red Komodo #002397
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    Far too many seem to think that you have to have Apple for everything instead of just seeing where the strengths and weaknesses are. For pure power, PC is king, for critical color viewing, Apple is king. Windows sucks, OSX rocks. For writing and planning, Apple is king, for broadening the possibilities within one system, PC is king. So it's easy to just make a list.

    Administration, writing, planning = Use Macbook, iPhones and iPads.

    DIT, file handling, QC on location = Macbook

    Pure editing with proxies and nothing else = Macbook

    Editing, Color Grading, Compositing and VFX = PC + a good monitor for critical color viewing video output and Eizo screen as a monitor (though Windows color settings are an abomination compared to OSX)
    Yep... Pretty much in agreement with that.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hollywood, USA
    Posts
    6,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    Far too many seem to think that you have to have Apple for everything instead of just seeing where the strengths and weaknesses are. For pure power, PC is king, for critical color viewing, Apple is king. Windows sucks, OSX rocks. For writing and planning, Apple is king, for broadening the possibilities within one system, PC is king. So it's easy to just make a list.
    Well, you're stating all those things as facts. The reality is that it's just an opinion.

    We're fine with sticking with Macs for 99% of our work, and it's not a problem for us. I always say: if the work is getting done, the clients are happy, and you're getting paid... then everything is fine. How you get there is up to you.
    marc wielage, csi colorist/post consultant daVinci Resolve Certified Trainer
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member rand thompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,188
    Karim,

    Until you can get your hardware problems figured out with a new graphics card or new computer, Take the Komodo 6K.R3D files or lower resolution files into Redcine-X and export them at their clip resolution or lower resolution into whatever flavor of ProRes file you want.. They won't be raw but you can make your "first pass" raw corrections in Redcine-X. Plus Resolve 15.3 should have no problem playing them.







    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts