Thread: DAVINCI RESOLVE 15.3.0.008 DOESN NOT SEES KOMODO R3Ds

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 DAVINCI RESOLVE 15.3.0.008 DOESN NOT SEES KOMODO R3Ds 
    I can't use Resolve 16 or 17 because of my Nvidia GPUs on Mac, I'm stucked on High Sierra

any solution for this?

thank you and have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by Karim Iglesias View Post
    I can't use Resolve 16 or 17 because of my Nvidia GPUs on Mac, I'm stucked on High Sierra

any solution for this?

Yes, get an AMD GPU, problem solved.
    Jake Blackstone
    Colorist
    Los Angeles
    MOD Color Web Site
    Demo Reel

Quote Originally Posted by Karim Iglesias View Post

any solution for this?

After 30 years I gave up on Mac last year and built my first PC with AMD 3950x 16 core with a 2080 ti card for $3000. If I would have gone back in time and said to myself, in 10 years you will switch to a PC, I would have laughed at myself, no way possible. But now days everything runs on both platforms, if it isn't made by Apple. Photoshop, premiere, Cinema 4D and Resolve look and feel the same on both machines. I use a Mac for work and a PC for personal projects so I know they are identical. I am not intending this reply to fuel a Mac / PC war, just my personal experience. But Mac has become to limiting and expensive for me, and my switch went great and I am happy with a faster, cheaper machine that I built myself. Windows 10 is not as good as the Mac OS, but I have never had a client call me up and pay me to play around with the OS. Consider building a machine, it was fun!

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars Wikstrom View Post
    After 30 years I gave up on Mac last year and built my first PC
    Far too many seem to think that you have to have Apple for everything instead of just seeing where the strengths and weaknesses are. For pure power, PC is king, for critical color viewing, Apple is king. Windows sucks, OSX rocks. For writing and planning, Apple is king, for broadening the possibilities within one system, PC is king. So it's easy to just make a list.

Administration, writing, planning = Use Macbook, iPhones and iPads.

DIT, file handling, QC on location = Macbook

Pure editing with proxies and nothing else = Macbook

Editing, Color Grading, Compositing and VFX = PC + a good monitor for critical color viewing video output and Eizo screen as a monitor (though Windows color settings are an abomination compared to OSX)
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600 Red Komodo #002397

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    Far too many seem to think that you have to have Apple for everything instead of just seeing where the strengths and weaknesses are. For pure power, PC is king, for critical color viewing, Apple is king. Windows sucks, OSX rocks. For writing and planning, Apple is king, for broadening the possibilities within one system, PC is king. So it's easy to just make a list.

Administration, writing, planning = Use Macbook, iPhones and iPads.

DIT, file handling, QC on location = Macbook

Pure editing with proxies and nothing else = Macbook

Editing, Color Grading, Compositing and VFX = PC + a good monitor for critical color viewing video output and Eizo screen as a monitor (though Windows color settings are an abomination compared to OSX)
    Yep... Pretty much in agreement with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    Well, you're stating all those things as facts. The reality is that it's just an opinion.

We're fine with sticking with Macs for 99% of our work, and it's not a problem for us. I always say: if the work is getting done, the clients are happy, and you're getting paid... then everything is fine. How you get there is up to you.
    marc wielage, csi colorist/post consultant daVinci Resolve Certified Trainer

Karim,

Until you can get your hardware problems figured out with a new graphics card or new computer, Take the Komodo 6K.R3D files or lower resolution files into Redcine-X and export them at their clip resolution or lower resolution into whatever flavor of ProRes file you want.. They won't be raw but you can make your "first pass" raw corrections in Redcine-X. Plus Resolve 15.3 should have no problem playing them.