Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Return of Purple Fringing.

Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cook View Post
    Phil!

Thanks so much for digging into it. I had some luck removing it as well though yours is a lot cleaner. Like you mentioned its not common for a neon purple to appear in a scene. The green is far less noticeable. Even your global adjustments are more acceptable to my eyes.

I'm just going to try my best not to send this into post as I am almost never involved in post unless its properly graded.
    I generally always pull magenta down globally, so even if this is more "sniper" on that spectrum, I find that magenta, regardless of cameras used, tend to "infect" the image. Pulling it out reduce a lot of the digitalness and generally feels like it smoothes out the global color balance.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600 Red Komodo #002397

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Some tests on my own shots that I did with an inferior 85mm still lens.

Original with pushed contrasts & Agressive pullback of CA with the new Resolve Color Wheel

Using regular Hue vs Sat

Although it looks best with the aggressive adjustment, that won't work on other shots with more colors (even though the amount isn't necessary when there's less light to dark contrast ratio)

Original & Aggressive

Sat vs Hue

Generally, I recommend using normal hue vs sat and if possible isolate the image where it is visible. There's also some options to use Resolves own CA remover but it doesn't really work that well.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600 Red Komodo #002397

Christoffer,

In the images you posted above, I think you could get better results if you would first "White Balance" them then you could tell where the "CA" actually was and how much you would need to correct

White Balance plus HUE vs SAT

Before Hue vs Sat

After Hue vs Sat

[B][SIZE=2]

Just White Balanced

Last edited by rand thompson; 12-02-2020 at 01:06 PM.