Thread: Lomo 50mm HIGH SPEED Anamorphic Lens -- T1.4

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Lomo 50mm HIGH SPEED Anamorphic Lens -- T1.4 
    I’m finally selling my nearly-pristine Lomo Round-Front 50mm HIGH-SPEED Anamorphic Lens.

The Lomo High-Speed Anamorphic Lenses are extremely rare — and have been referred to as the best lenses ever produced in Russia.

This anamorphic lens opens to a T1.4 !

Since I purchased this lens in 2008, I only used it on a short film that I made in 2013, on handful of shots.

This lens has essentially been in a climate-controlled time-capsule for well over a decade -- only taken out to occasionally shoot camera tests at my home.

This lens has never been rented.

As a consequence, this lens has very little visible wear on it. Certainly less than you would expect from a lens produced in 1985. However, it’s obviously not a brand new lens, so there are still the expected light cleaning marks on the front and rear elements, and the occasional small mark on the body — but nothing that seems to affect its image or operation.

As can be expected of these types of lenses, when the lens is wide-open at a T1.4, the image is softer and dreamy. When you start to close down to a T2 and beyond, the lens quickly sharpens-up and produces an exceptional image.

And, of course, you’ll always get the unique, cool-looking anamorphic flares and bokeh that you expect from these lenses.

I’m offering the 50mm High-Speed Anamorphic Lens for $19,500.

Anyway, I hope someone here on the forum is interested in giving this lens a new home — and getting some actual use out of it.

Thanks for your interest!

Here are a few photos of the actual lens:
    Attached Images

What a beauty!

Thank you, Marcel !

Yeah, It's definitely a great looking lens.

I wish I had bought more anamorphic lenses from Russia, fifteen years ago, when there was still a stockpile of their top-quality lenses just sitting in storage.

It looks like the Russian sellers sold the best lenses from their stockpiles first -- then sold their lesser-condition lenses as the stockpiles depleted.

Thankfully, I also bought a set of Lomo Square-front Anamorphics, early on, when they were still selling the top-tier-condition lenses out of their storage.

They really made some great lenses. -- Very special.

In my mind the Lomos are the ones that stand out the most from the rest to be honest. Unfortunately also in their quirkiness of use. But I don't mind myself. Back in the early 2000's they were practically giving away lenses if you bought a camera system. I have 2x Konvas 2M. Finally shot a personal project with them this summer again and what a joy.

Can I find an example footages shot with this lens somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Zyskind View Post
    In my mind the Lomos are the ones that stand out the most from the rest to be honest. Unfortunately also in their quirkiness of use. But I don't mind myself. Back in the early 2000's they were practically giving away lenses if you bought a camera system. I have 2x Konvas 2M. Finally shot a personal project with them this summer again and what a joy.

Agreed. -- I bought a Konvas 2m 35mm motion-picture camera, as well.

And yes, they were almost giving lenses away back in the 2000s. -- Good times.

I still have a set of Lomo primes that have their original OCT-19 mounts, just to use on the Konvas 2m.

I'll probably have the lenses converted to PL-mounts pretty soon though.

Also, I'd love to see the 35mm project that you shot on the Konvas 2m over the summer. -- Is it online anywhere?

Price reduced

Hi Greg,

Sorry I didn't see you asked to see the project I shot on my Konvas until now. Dance part shot on the Konvas 2M with a 18mm lens. The beginning is EVA-1. https://vimeo.com/453770137

Wish I could play with your highspeed 50mm anamorphic.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg S View Post
    Agreed. -- I bought a Konvas 2m 35mm motion-picture camera, as well.

And yes, they were almost giving lenses away back in the 2000s. -- Good times.

I still have a set of Lomo primes that have their original OCT-19 mounts, just to use on the Konvas 2m.

I'll probably have the lenses converted to PL-mounts pretty soon though.

Also, I'd love to see the 35mm project that you shot on the Konvas 2m over the summer. -- Is it online anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Zyskind View Post
    Hi Greg,

Sorry I didn't see you asked to see the project I shot on my Konvas until now. Dance part shot on the Konvas 2M with a 18mm lens. The beginning is EVA-1. https://vimeo.com/453770137

Wish I could play with your highspeed 50mm anamorphic.

Really great stuff, Marcel!

There's still no substitute for the feeling of actual film.

Thank you for sharing!

Thank you Greg.

There is no substitute you're right. I only had that one roll in the camera for this shot. We had practiced/shot it a few time on my EVA-1 that same morning but it really felt like a live performance with the Konvas 2M. Also I shot with the VF closed and no monitor ;-)