Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RED IN EUROPE? Bye bye UK... and now?

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Christopher is correct on this.
    Forget VAT for a moment, the price I use to pay at CVP / 'RED UK Europe' will now have an added customs charge/duty as if I bought it straight from the US. I have already experienced this with Swedish customs and the postal service. Read the new EU/Brexit rules and see.

Oh... and I should add it is not just about purchasing and saving money, but more importantly, about having a dedicated RED office that can really provide service and support here in Europe.

Teltec in Germany are highly recommended, have not used them for Red service or purchases but lots of lighting gear, monitors and other accessories. Very easy to deal with.

Just as follow up - some of what is explained from CVP UK.

Question:
    I thought that the UK had a FTA with the EU – why might we still have to pay import duties?

For goods manufactured in the UK (or EU) there’s no import duty when buying them in the EU. CVP source and supply the best broadcast and cinematography products from around the World and when we send goods to the EU from the UK now import duties may still apply depending upon the Country of Origin of the goods. For example a broadcast camera manufactured outside the UK (or EU) would typically attract 0.8% duty, a broadcast camera accessory 1.1% and a lens could be up to 6.7%.

Quote Originally Posted by John Marchant View Post
    Goods sold from the UK to the EU now simply don't have UK VAT applied to them. We used to have to charge VAT if there was no valid EU vat number, otherwise it was not applied.

Now, you as an EU customer no longer need an EU VAT number to avoid the UK VAT. So actually those EU customers who aren't VAT registered are now better off, and those who are VAT registered are exactly as before.

Brexit is a stupidity in many respects, but in this specific regard it's had only positive effects for EU customers of UK companies.
    That makes sense.

Canada and the US have a free trade agreement but we still pay duty and applicable taxes for anything we purchase. Along with the currency exchange which is brutal.
    Epic Dragon 4470,
    Sony Fx9
    Sony a7rII
    Contax Zeiss Primes
    DanaDolly
    tedparkes@rogers.com

6.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #36  
    There will be no change for customers following the completion of BREXIT. Additional paperwork maybe required, but our team are on hand to ensure this process is made as easy as possible.

There are some advantages in certain circumstances as John points out, but apart from that RED London will still continue to serve all of UK and all of Europe. This includes all sales, service and support.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    There will be no change for customers following the completion of BREXIT. Additional paperwork maybe required, but our team are on hand to ensure this process is made as easy as possible.

There are some advantages in certain circumstances as John points out, but apart from that RED London will still continue to serve all of UK and all of Europe. This includes all sales, service and support.
    Perfect Jarred, thank you very much for the clarification, hopefully the paperwork is not too complicated. thx!
    RED W Woven CF HELIUM® 8K S35, RED Komodo® 6K S35.
    Camera, Mōvi, Drone, Film service Ibiza, Film Crew in Ibiza.
    TupraStudio, your creative space.
    http://www.tupra.es
    @tuprastudio

Hi Jarred, so for EU customer, I'm based in France, you recommand to buy from CVP for service and support ? And, perhaps for faster delivery ?

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand_B View Post
    Hi Jarred, so for EU customer, I'm based in France, you recommand to buy from CVP for service and support ? And, perhaps for faster delivery ?

Thx
    If you're in France, don't buy from the UK, Red never really understood the problems of customs (see Jarred's answers completely off the mark). Buy from Teltec in Germany or TRM in France. Teltec is doing the sales AND the technical support. You'll thank me later. The UK is out of Europe now and they still haven't understood what it really means, they still believe nothing has changed and try to convince the others to keep their business alive :-)

It's an advice from someone who suffered from import/export issues during shootings. Red support in Europe is Red's biggest drawback compared to Canon/Sony/Arri...

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post

That is nice to hear. Does this mean that any US and UK VAT is removed on the price, that there are no customs fees and that the only VAT added onto the purchase is the delivery nation's VAT according to EU import/export laws?
    Because I'm not sure how Red UK can bypass Brexit law and regulations? How can a purchase through Red UK keep all the import/export benefits of EU memberships when UK isn't part of these specific import/export regulations anymore?
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600 Red Komodo #002397