Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Alternative mount overview

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Note that Birger will no longer be making a wireless control knob, but have done a deal with Viewfactor to allow their Impero knob to control Birger mount with a Bluetooth module swapped in for the Impero's ZigBee radio module.
    DOP / Digital Lighting Camera Operator
    London, UK.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

One mount that should be built for the 2/3 sensors, is the four thirds lens mount (in fact a four thirds sensor 17.3 x 13mm would be a good thing too!). Olympus makes astounding lenses specifically designed for digital sensors and the four thirds system. Their speed is fantastic compared to FF35 lenses. For example, their 300mm f/2.8 on a 2/3 sensor provides the equivalent FF35 of a 1135.661 mm lens, but with the depth of field of a 300mm lens. Their 35 - 100 mm F/2.0 (equivalent to 132.5 - 378.5mm FF35) and 150 F/2.0 (567.83mm FF35 equivalent) are unequalled for sharpness, speed, low CA and center to corner sharpness - ideal for nature, sports and low light work.

One more for your list Jim....

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Underdahl View Post
    except those few that have brackets on the rear that would interfere with RED's adjustable collar
    Doug: can you post of pic of the problem bracket? Thanks

I don't have any Lomos in house right now. Not sure who does. Some of them have these L shaped brackets that interfere with the RED adjustable collar and are not mountable.

I should have a Panvavision mount for the RED for rent in a week or so.

Banned
    I am considering getting one lens from Red and the others zeiss / nikon is this a good move?

Quote Originally Posted by c-well View Post
    I am considering getting one lens from Red and the others zeiss / nikon is this a good move?
    Mixing PL mount and an SLR mount isn't going to very user friendly. It takes 10-30 minutes to change a mount so you wouldn't do it during a shooting day normally. Pick the mount you want and buy lenses to match would be my advice.

Updated the warranty situation on both Birger (rather bad) and Alesniak (v. good). Alesniak update on control options. Shuffled the order around.

See the original post for details - or read through those long pages over at Birger and Alesniak :)

8. #28 Update 
    And time for another update - see the original post.

I ordered a dumb mount from Alesniak and had it on my Red in no time (ignoring the holiday FedEx delays).

There is a Contax mount on sale on eBay. Not having heard of it before, I would imagine that the warranty situation is not cleared. http://cgi.ebay.com/RED-one-Lens-adapter-for-Carl-Zeiss-Contax-lenses_W0QQitemZ140293081841QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLen s_Accessories?hash=item140293081841&_trksid=p3286. c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|2 40%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

i hadn't seen it yet.. no care about stickies.. ehehehe well done martin.. thx for the updates
    "The BBC alow the EX1/3 to be used on SD productions, the 5D is not considered aceptable to the BBC for SD Production"

the most funny post ever is courtesy of gang's good friend.. mr Williams.. old stephen
    ###.com forums
    on Oct 30 2009

link to gang's former avatar

Birger Mount approved for installation...

with agreement/notification of RED and ok from Birger.

Martin,

Great news...

New movie poster....

Frazier Nivens, Ocean Imaging