Thread: on location monitorting and playback

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 on location monitorting and playback 
    Hello everyone , this is my first post here as I had my first meeting with wonderfull red one today, I was holding it for half an hour running around in a studio filming people, felt like a giving a toy to a child, amazing toy.
    The studio I am working for is shooting a feature on Red One, but our camera has not arrived yet, so we rented one, there is actually lots of them where I live. So I was looking at it figuring out the on location workflow for monitoring and finally decided to post here as some of you that are more experianced might help. As I figured red one has couple outputs and all of them are 720p hd sdi. People at work want to have a playback on location ,they want me to record on a DV CAM deck. I dont quite understand them cause its not a film its digital anyways and there is no more need for playback if they want I got to have it, Plus they want to use apple cinema display as a field monitoring solution. for monitor I found that AJA and Blackmagic design makes converters which converts HD SDI to DVI, but that is what I wanted to make sure before buying one of them , will those work with 720p output that the RED One has?
    :help:
    and one more question, I also need somehow to get the HD SDI to SD SDI , or analog composit in real time to hook up a DV CAM deck, I also found one mini converter from AJA that says it does that, has anyone had any experiance using it with RED ONE?
    and if anyone knows any HD SDI to SD SDI converters that are under 1000 please post them here, cheaper the better, film is on a very tight budget.
    Sorry if I violated the forum rules, but I had no time to read them please I have to more days to play with RED ONE and then shooting starts so please please help if you can.

P.S. if topic about this already exists just trow a link if not it can be usefull for lot of people.

Which frame rate are you shooting?
    Regards,

Uli

My Red is called Vertov after a Russian avantgarde filmmaker, a pioneer in modern cinematography, a true revolutionary who later suffered under Stalin's bureaucracy.

we are shooting 25fps cause its easier them to transfer to film and the post production process.

Banned
    All you need is
    1. AJA HD10MD3 Miniture Digital Downconverter
    2. AJA Anton Bauer Power Cablel (to power AJA from RED BRICK )

With it you will get PAL signal , and you can record it to DV CAM DECK . For HD PlayBack monitro you can get HD monitor , or you can buy BlackMagic HD Link , and connect it to Cinema Display , or even use HDMI to DVI cable and connetc it to any DVI monitor.

Gaixare biba egrec vfikrobdi. :)
    isev kartvelebi tu davexmarebit ertmamets....

hey folks sorry if you did not understand, I found a local person on this forum. :)

Banned
    No Problem Nodar.
    Post some On Set pictures. Also some footage .

once they start shooting I will.
    I just ordered HD Link and AJA mini converter, I ll post the results once we get them.