Thread: Build 17 issues?

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Booth View Post
    The EVF does have odd behaviors from time to time doesn't it? Cable switching doesn't help, power cycling usually does but I've found the best solution for certain issues (whole camera system) is:

Acceptance.

And I move forward and keep shooting... while grumbling under my breath of course. Some problems are just there like visiting in-laws...
    Some things I can live with, but yesterday the banding on my EVF was so severe, I consider it unacceptable, as does the DP I'm working with. We have 3.5 more weeks of shooting, he doesn't want to keep shooting like this.

I've reported this issue through Red support, not all the other ones, yet...

Cheers,
    Damien
    www.c-sideprod.ch
    camera rental and post services

www.earthling-prod.net
    filmmaking around the world since 1999

www.kinogeneva.ch
    participatory filmmaking laboratory

Update,

After a reinstal last night : no change.

However this afternoon we were inside, and in a much warmer environment, banding seems to have nearly disappeared. I'll give updates as our shoot advances.

Cheers,
    Damien
    www.c-sideprod.ch
    camera rental and post services

www.earthling-prod.net
    filmmaking around the world since 1999

www.kinogeneva.ch
    participatory filmmaking laboratory

B16 was stable as hell. 17 booty much loinger and in 50% hangs. I do not record audio nor has the feature been enabled. The wheel on the EVF does not switch anything anymore. Buttons work. Rest I had no issues. Thinking about going back to 16.
    Markus Rave, Frankfurt, Germany
    www.markus-rave.de

4. #14 Going Back 
    Quote Originally Posted by Markus Rave View Post
    B16 was stable as hell. 17 booty much loinger and in 50% hangs. I do not record audio nor has the feature been enabled. The wheel on the EVF does not switch anything anymore. Buttons work. Rest I had no issues. Thinking about going back to 16.
    Has anyone gone back to 16? I start a week long shoot Monday and I am considering going back.

Banned
    If you do go back to 16, use 17 first to check focus when you prep with your lenses and then go back.

used b17 the first time on a commercial production and i had the feeling the boot time takes longer and i had to unplug everything (lcd, evf, drive) before booting.

several times the booting started, camera display just said "booting" and did not show the usual dates, infos, etc. - suddenly the fan became loud and camera seemed to restart.

@damien:
    my evf stopped working from one day to another - but it was cold. i tried to warm it up, but didn't improve. did your warming up improve the picture?

regards,
    martin

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Booth View Post
    Apparently, the solution is to not use playback when audio has been recorded. (If audio is not being recorded, make sure it's turned off.)
    What?!
    Are you serious?!!

I got the "invalid public movie atom" too! I need to convert the r3d file to a QT because the proxies don't work.. but it quits out of Red Alert, Red Cine, and Red Rushes. I kind of NEED that 20 min. interview clip too. FCP editor.

was anyone else able to find a solution to this problem?

9. #19 Build 17 boot hangs 
    We had some serious hangs last week with build 17 on a rental. Several times took VERY long to reboot or just hung up. Haven't had a chance to test things myself but there were no issues with same user the week before on build 16.

Anybody know what this is? should we reinstall 17? Is there a new build coming soon?
    Save the Sharks
    RED Helium 8KS35 (For Rent) Original Manufacturer of Redone & Epic/Scarlet/Weapon Underwater housings - contact us for sale or rent. Manufacturer of Eye2Eye direct eye contact interviewing rig. 954.937.6600 www.Aquavideo.com ... aquavideo1 at yahoo.com

Banned
    I'm going back to 16. The "invalid public movie atom" corruption in 17 is too risky to have in a release build. Luckily it happened on a bad take, but if it was an important shot I can guarantee that that director and production company would not use the red after that. Boot hangs are annoying. Corrupt clips are unacceptable.