For a while now we have been having this same problem over and over again.
When we turn on the camera, shoot with it, and turn it off again to, for example, change the battery and then turn it back on again we get the following problem:
1. We turn off the camera to change the battery
2. place the new battery
3. wait for about 30 seconds and turn it back on
(now the real problem occurs)
4. the camera stalls on "Booting...", on the little LCD screen on the back of the camera, for about 1:20 min
5. at 1:20 min the fan starts blowing wildly for about 25 seconds
6. then after the fan goes wild the camera reboots itself and starts up in normal startup sequence.
Anybody had the same problem as this? Anybody has a solution for this? Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated.