Thread: crashes on render

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 crashes on render 
    Banned
    Just bought one of the new MacBook Pro's - 2.4 GHz with 2 GB RAM. Installed Red Alert and it won't render anything. Not 2k not 3k not 4k. It crashes every time. The quicktime version on this new machine is 7.5.7. The only quicktime version that can be downloaded at the moment is 7.5.5. Is it possible that this version of quicktime isn't yet supported by red software? Also Red Rushes only renders black frames. Redcine won't export ProRes! The option isn't even there. I have no way of rendering anything and I unfortunately don't have FCP 6 yet. If anyone has any info on this that would be fantastic. Thanks!

No ProRes without FCP (rendering).
    Regards,

Uli

My Red is called Vertov after a Russian avantgarde filmmaker, a pioneer in modern cinematography, a true revolutionary who later suffered under Stalin's bureaucracy.

The chipset brought a 1066MHz system bus, use of DDR3 system memory, and integrated NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics up to five times faster than the original MacBooks' Intel chipset.Other changes include an LED backlit display, a new Mini DisplayPort of cheap web hosting(replacing the polycarbonate MacBook's mini-DVI port), a multi-touch glass trackpad which also acts as the mouse button, removal of toxins such as mercury, and the removal of the FireWire 400 port (thus it doesn't support Target Disk Mode, used for data transfers or operating system repairs without booting the system).An updated line of the unibody MacBooks were rebranded as the 13-inch MacBook Pro on June 8, 2009 at Apple's WWDC 2009 dedicated server .Although Gizmodo concluded it to be "our favorite MacBook to date," they did claim that at the time its display was inferior to that found on the MacBook Pro and MacBook Air, alleging a smaller viewing angle, washed-out colors, and dimmer backlighting.Similarly AppleInsider and Engadget concluded that it "may well be Apple's best MacBook to date" and "these are terrific choices -- not only from an industrial design standpoint, but in specs as well" respectively, while also drawing attention to a lower quality display as compared with the MacBook Pro and MacBook Air.Charlie Sorrel of Wired News reached an identical conclusion about the MacBook display, citing its poor contrast and lack of vertical angle in comparison with the MacBook Pro and even the older white MacBook domain names.Peter Cohen wrote an article discussing the loss of the FireWire port for Macworld, said "The absence of FireWire ports is certainly an inconvenience for some users. But it shouldn’t be considered a deal-breaker for most of us, anyway.

having the same problem on my powerbook, its not the newest generation. never had problems with rendering before, but the newest red alert version crashes every time a few seconds after i hit the render button, heeeelp :/
    Dr. Dominik Münch D.O.C.A
    Cinematographer & Photographer
    Epic-Dragon "Lucy"
    http://www.blacksun-productions.com
    https://vimeo.com/user1737043

Has anyone got a solution to this issue yet, as I don't want to upgrade if there are going to be problems for my broadband business afterwards. Other than this I am excited to upgrade to the new Macbooks.

Banned
    it seems good and hope that you will keep up the good work in future as well