I'm a film student and I'm just finishing off my first RED short.
I edited the film using those quicktime preview clips, but now I'm not sure what my next steps should be. I was thinking something like this:
1. color correct the shots in REDCINE
2. using REDCINE, export to HD 1080.
3. import HD into FCP and recreate my previous edit
4. in FCP/color maybe add some finishing touches
5. export from FCP to dvd/.mov/blu-ray
Would this be an ok workflow? What would you recommend I do?
Also, regarding the color correction - should I do this in REDCINE while working with the r3d files, or can I do it in FCP/color?
Thanks a lot everybody. And a belated happy new year.