Thread: Utah

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Cave in the mountains of east Provo? Where did you get that? :) My home is in the South East corner of Provo, as in about four minutes from downtown Provo.

However, we will probably have the camera set up at our office on University Parkway in Orem as soon as it arrives. And yes, party at our office! Around Sept 15th according to the schedule.

RSVP if you are interested in coming to play. And the camera will be available for rent.

Jeremy
    Rivetal, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rfo View Post
    According to the Red user map, it looks like he has #63 - however, the map also indicates he is living in a cave in the mountains east of provo...So maybe Thor Wixom (#137) is the better candidate to host a party.
    Definately party at my house. All the Utah Redheads are invited!!!

-Thor
    I believe the electronic image will be the next major advance. Such systems will have their own inherent and inescapable structural characteristics, and the artist and functional practitioner will again strive to comprehend and control them. -Ansel Adams

Red Dudes! Come hang out at Jerseys in SLC and let's talk Red. If you've got a RED ONE in your hands... Bring it.. You will be the envy of EVERYONE there! Gibby, if you're in town, feel free to stop by. If not, book a flight and bring your LART test results with you! :)

Come join the MPAU at Jerseys Sports Grill, for an evening of networking. Give yourself a little exposure, and come meet Utah's film industry at the next "Gaining Exposure".

When: Thursday, September 13, 2007 - from 7pm till 9pm
    Where: Jerseys, 677 South 200 West, Salt Lake City
    What: Network, Eat, Drink
    Why: Because the last one was so much fun!
    Who: Anyone involved in Motion Pictures
    How much: The cost of your own food and drinks
    RSVP: Please! http://www.mpau.org/eventRSVP.php?ev...posure20070913

This month, at the request of many, we've moved the event to Thursday night. Also, our gracious hosts at Jerseys have given us the half of the restaurant, along with a DVD player and a big screen for whatever we like. If you'd like to share a couple minutes of a demo reel, please mail a DVD copy (max 3 minutes, and I reserve the right to edit) to:

MPAU Gaining Exposure
    921 East Eaglewood Drive
    North Salt Lake, UT 84054

Hope to see you there!

U rock man. Thanks for doing it again.

5. #15 Gathering 
    Kyle,

I plan to be there. I will bring either my brother (production partner) or my wife, or maybe both.

I read that members can bring clips. I'd like to do that. Is there somewhere I could email a .mov or .wmv as a pre screener?

I wouldn't mind lugging an A1U up with an HDV clip instead of going the DVD route. Will the TV be HD compatible?

Thanks for your time, and I look forward to meeting everyone.

-Thor Wixom
    I believe the electronic image will be the next major advance. Such systems will have their own inherent and inescapable structural characteristics, and the artist and functional practitioner will again strive to comprehend and control them. -Ansel Adams

Thor,

At this point, there won't be a DVD player/TV for tonight. No one ever submitted any footage in time for me to compile a DVD. I don't know anything about the AV setup other than its a projection system with a DVD player hooked up. I suspect the owner of the bar doesn't know more than that about it either.

In any case, by the nature of the event, you won't have an opportunity to address everyone there, and we're not going to interrupt everyone from their discussion everytime someone wants to put up a reel (lame, I know).

The idea was to submit a DVD clip/reel/etc, and I would combine all of them into a single DVD that I could loop throughout the night as background material while everyone chats, and eats, and drinks. No introductions, no explanations, just something to look at.

Kyle

I won't be there tonight..hope the "RED-In" goes well though!

I do go to Utah every autumn to shoot fall colors in the canyons. I've spent a ton of time in Utah over the years: shooting, exploring, ghost towning, camping, etc. It's one of my favorite places in the world to visit - and autumn is my favorite time there.

Sidenote #1: I was born in Utah and when I was four my family moved to California.

Sidenote #2: I'm a graduate of BYU

Sidenote #3: I hope to visit Utah the first week of October sometime. When I confirm that, I'll post on this thread when I'm coming and hopefully I can hook up with you guys

C-ya!
    Executive Producer, Director, DP, Cinematographer
    Red pioneer: RED One 0008, Red One "London", Red One "Hollywood", Epic M 0008, Epic X (2)
    Golden Gate 3D - www.gg3d.com

Co-Producer, IMAX film CUBA - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ijvjeZ89qY
    Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/stevegibby/

Thanks Gib,

Good luck with the project, and let's try and hook up in October. The social is becoming a monthly event, so our next one will probably be the 14th of Oct. If you're in town for that one, cool.. If not, we'll have to organize a little RED-only get together...

Mmrmr... BYU... but you can't argue about the Y's film school... (My Dad worked at BYU MPS as a line producer when I was 8... he tried to get me to go to school there, but it never happened-- school of life for me).

Kyle

Look forward to meeting you all tonight. I am still working out details on a red back up network so if anyone would like to discuss or has ideas/concerns - let's chat. Also, we'll have to try and get Jeremyn to bring his Red to the next meet up.

Ryley

Hey kyle is the guy in your avatar praying or delivering a kung fu chop?

I'm glad I saw this, I almost forgot about the event tonight. Maybe PM everyone to remind them.
    IATSE Local 600 DIT
    www.FreehillProductions.com/