There has been some concern about how much we knew about the delay and when. This is the history.
We have had a comprehensive schedule from day one. It has been updated everytime we got new news, met a milestone and received confirmed bids from suppliers.
We had so few setbacks early that we started to feel certain that we would have no trouble meeting our schedule targets. In early April (right at NAB), things began to change. We had a surprise failure in one of our production boards. What we thought would be a quick fix turned out to require a re-design and re-spin. As soon as we realized this we posted the "Engineering Delay". After NAB we also got bad news from two of our suppliers. These suppliers were thought to be completely reliable and bulletproof. But they delayed their schedule to us in a dramatically negative way. Given that they are two of a hundred, you would think it would not be a big deal. But every supplier is critical. Miss one part and you/we are screwed. We have since sought out multiple suppliers on every critical part. But the damage to the schedule was done.
I expect that we will have a full report of our situation on or about June 15th. I do not want to publish another shipping schedule without a pretty clear belief that we can make it. But this is a very complicated and difficult project. You can't get "lucky" in a revolution.
I hope that everyone will feel some comfort that we are being open and transparent. If there is good news... we are quick to tell you. If there is bad news... we are quick to tell you.
Just remember that a schedule is a PROJECTED ESTIMATE of how things are going. If we were done, it would not be called a schedule. We are here to answer questions. We have not disappeared when the going gets tough. Anyone who is nervous always has the option of getting their deposit back. You have my personal guarantee that your deposit is safe and secure.
Any other questions about the schedule should wait until mid-June.
Thanks for your support and your patience.