Thought I'd start a little thread about MetaFuze so we can share our experience.
First there's a couple of things I wonder that maybe someone knows the answer to.
* In the configuration you can set the threads for a remote computer. But how do you render on that computer and where do you set the IP and so? Can't find anything about it in the docs.
* LUTs does not work on R3D's even though the manual say so? Or?
* I don't really understand how the grouping works. I have checked "Merge across subfolders" but i get a new "group" for each file in each subfolder. So each QT get one folder and each R3D one. Actually I get the same result no matter what I choose. And it doesn't even merge into groups when there's a splitted R3D.
* Filter out filetypes on "scan folder". What I want is to scan a parent folder and all it's subfolders. But no matter what it finds in there I only want to add all R3D's. Not the MOV's. And I would like to group them all in one group so I can add just one setting to them all and not individually add settings to each clip.
* Better utilization of my 8 cores
* Availability to turn of the viewers in the top of the program. Also set the refresh method of them (always, user, never...).
* Full blown command line support without XML-template
I basically want to tell MetaFuze, from command line, to scan one folder recursively. Grep all R3Ds and batch convert them to whatever I tell it to convert it to and put it where I tell it to put it.
Something along the lines of...
metafuze -r -type R3D,r3d -res quarter -debayer low -output dnxhd40 -source y:\redrum\ -destination y:\MXF\
And after that I would go on lunch.