Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: reservation holders

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 reservation holders 
    Banned
    1) How many are there? Do we know?

2) Do we know of anyone who has changed their mind?

...just curious

Quote Originally Posted by beatniq View Post
    1) How many are there? Do we know?

2) Do we know of anyone who has changed their mind?

...just curious
    1) No...

2) No...
    Executive Producer, Director, DP, Cinematographer
    Red pioneer: RED One 0008, Red One "London", Red One "Hollywood", Epic M 0008, Epic X (2)
    Golden Gate 3D - www.gg3d.com

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/stevegibby/

Banned
    hmm... damn

the reason i ask is because i haven't seen anyone with a higher number than me, but i'm not on here all that much...

they're heeeeeere..
    "The BBC alow the EX1/3 to be used on SD productions, the 5D is not considered aceptable to the BBC for SD Production"

the most funny post ever is courtesy of gang's good friend.. mr Williams.. old stephen
    ###.com forums
    on Oct 30 2009

link to gang's former avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beatniq View Post
    hmm... damn

the reason i ask is because i haven't seen anyone with a higher number than me, but i'm not on here all that much...
    I believe the reservation number system was capped at around 1,500, and then beyond that RED went to a straight ordering system that doesn't use reservation numbers. The total number of cameras that have been reserved and ordered has never been publicized by RED to my knowledge. An educated guess on my part would be that several thousand RED One cameras have been reserved and ordered. The exact number? Only RED knows...
    Executive Producer, Director, DP, Cinematographer
    Red pioneer: RED One 0008, Red One "London", Red One "Hollywood", Epic M 0008, Epic X (2)
    Golden Gate 3D - www.gg3d.com

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/stevegibby/

There was one guy who had to cancel (due to some reason beside loosing faith in the camera), I believe he came back on the boards and spoke very nicely of how he was treated by RED and that he got his deposit back quickly.

There were almost 1500 reservation holders pre-NAB this year, I can only guess as to what the number is up to now, taking into concidderation how RED overwhelmed everyone at NAB...
    RED EPIC-W #1021, RED EPIC-X DRAGON #250, EPIC-M DRAGON #646, RED ONE #476 MX "MOTHER"
    Commercials | Live | Concerts | Corporate | RED rentals
    Red Pro Primes T1.8: 18,25,35,50,85,100 (all metric), red CF zoom 18-50 T3 (imperial), Red Pro Zoom 17-50mm T2.9 (m), Red zoom 50-150 T3 (m) + 300mm T2.8 (i), RED Pro Zoom 18-85mm (i)
    KOWA Cine Prominar 20,40,100mm
    www.groovyentertainment.com

Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right. ~Henry Ford

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I believe the reservation number system was capped at around 1,500, and then beyond that RED went to a straight ordering system that doesn't use reservation numbers. The total number of cameras that have been reserved and ordered has never been publicized by RED to my knowledge.
    thanks, if you're right about that number then I guess I made it in just under the wire...

Senior Member Costelloe Michael's Avatar
    Eirik,

There was also quite a few people like myself who missed getting into the 1500 and had to wait for it to open up again. In the Uk we were still working mainly in S16mm for TV drama and low budget commercials and S35 for features and better funded commercials. The pushing of HDCam and Varicam from a production budget pov and the adoption of 35mm lense adaptors for TV work lead us to look alsewhere for better solutions... unfortunately not early enough. Damn! I just hope this year fly's by come on 2008!

Mike C

Senior Member Jonathan L. Bowen's Avatar
    I ordered a week after NAB I think, but it had absolutely nothing to do with that. It was just a matter of being new to the industry, hadn't heard of the RED before, knew I wanted to shoot digital because that's what I've always done, but never been satisfied with the quality of most affordable cameras, so then when I read more about the RED (hehe) I was blown away and just as excited as everyone else here. So I put down an order only about a week after first hearing of the camera. My friend put down an order three weeks later or so.

As such I would imagine I'm somewhere like around 2,000 or maybe 2,200, who knows, I guess if I was lucky I could be 1,800. I'm just personally hoping to have it sometime by like March or April 2008, if that isn't unrealistic, we'll see.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    and then beyond that RED went to a straight ordering system that doesn't use reservation numbers.

Sorry if it's already posted but I wouldn't know exactly how to find this out, if I place an order now, would I have to put down the entire amount?