Thread: <And when the day arrives, can I come and pick her up?

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. #1 <And when the day arrives, can I come and pick her up? 
    I've been thinking for a while, that it might be worthwhile to take the trip over the pond to pick up Red 930 in person.

There is not much common ground on the camera arround here (Norway), and if it was possible to get the lowdown (and maybe see where I've been thinking tremendously wrong as to accessories) by taking the trip.

But will this be possible?

Cheers!

Gunleik
    Life is good. So is RED...

http://quine.no

That is an interesting thought. I was wondering about that as well.
    I would like to come into a RED store and see the accessories and
    try them on.

Any idea of where Red stores will be located and how many branch's will be opened?

I'm not really envisioning a shop. More like coming to Orrange County and knocking on some battered office-door...

Gunleik
    Life is good. So is RED...

http://quine.no

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Schroter View Post
    Any idea of where Red stores will be located and how many branch's will be opened?
    dont think that will happen.. im pretty sure you were joking.. but in case i was wrong than yeah.. wont be happening..
    Red isnt a consumer or even a prosumer company. Its professional.
    Where is the closest panavision store?

i also prefer to pick up my RED ...
    before i hand over my coffee can ($$) that is buried in the yard ... i would like to try the REDrails on my shoulder ( i'll know then if i like em or not) .... i want to try the super grip ( again i'll know if it is yes or no) ... same with the 18-50mm zoom or other lenses available ( don't need to do test with them ) .... the EVF is a YES ( tried it out at NAB)...
    i want to see the LCD image outside/inside - then i'll know if it is a "deal or no deal"....

PLUS - i can stop by and see Gibby either on way down or back up !!

I agree with Donatello and suggested the same a number of months ago. Since RED is so modular and so unique, I think it falls into a different catagory than Arri or Pana rentals and prep.

I'm not talking about "hanging out" with the RED team, but simply showing up SOMEWHERE and trying the different configurations before purchasing, with the aid of a qualified RED Tech and all optional accessories on hand to try.

I'd think that this would be real important for the lower number reservation holders, but even at #411 I would benefit... as I doubt all the other local RED purchasers in line before me will get the full line of accessories... the same with any rental houses in play with the lower RED numbers...

... And Donatello... you use a coffee can? My money is in a pillow case... coffee cans are too high tech for me...
    Jim Arthurs

Quote Originally Posted by zakaree View Post
    Theres one in Calgary where Jordan lives.

I can see how you would think there would be stores Jordan but for now there is just one big shop. Who knows what will happen in a few years if red and its product line expand.
    www.finnerknowsbest.com

"There are many dying children out there whose last wish is to meet me." The HOFF

"you'll be hearing a lot about me over the next couple of decades." The JohnathanLB

Quote Originally Posted by zakaree View Post
    dont think that will happen.. im pretty sure you were joking.. but in case i was wrong than yeah.. wont be happening..
    Red isnt a consumer or even a prosumer company. Its professional.

well ... stranger things have happened.

When the Soho Apple store opened here in NYC, it was funded from a marketing budget, and was expected to operate at a loss due to the insane rent. Pretty sure they are not running at a loss now.

They could put a small RED STORE in the major markets. LA, NY, Chicago, Miami, Dallas, etc. - a place for service, training, etc. - (they could also SELL ACCESSORIES in the Apple stores of major markets - don't laugh - that is exactly where I would sell a pocket camera -

now I personally DOUBT that Jim has any plans for RED STORES, but if he did - I bet the DESIGN would just kick ass -

and there's Graeme ... stuck behind the RED Genius bar .... (LOL!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Arthurs View Post
    I'm not talking about "hanging out" with the RED team, but simply showing up SOMEWHERE and trying the different configurations before purchasing, with the aid of a qualified RED Tech and all optional accessories on hand to try.
    Seems like there is a building sentiment on site for this kind of try out session.

IBloom