Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Spec change...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 Spec change... 
    As we have said countless times, "specs can and will change". I have made the decision to make the body more "tank-like". It will be much more stout and bulletproof. The consequence is that it has gained a pound or so. We are not likely to meet our original goal of under 7 pounds. Somewhere around 8 lbs. is more accurate. I am sure that it is worth it. We'll publish a final weight in a few weeks after we make sure there are no more changes.

We promised to keep you posted... just so you know.

Jim

Rugged and dependable beats sleek and elegant, IMHO. I'm actually happy to hear this.

cross-examiner
    We know you're trying to get the baby as lightweight as you can. So far so good. One pound won't be a big deal but thanks anyway for your care. Our back is in your hands and in good hands.
    RED ONE @home
    Emanuel & Co's RED ONE
    RED ZOOM LENSES
    RED 300mm LENS
    Who am I?

* LINK *
    ** IMDb **

I like tanks. :) Tough is good, I want the RED One to handle a beating! Not that I'm going to intentionally treat it poorly. :)
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Just me and my 8K Monstro VV kicking ass.

Good call.

I'll just have to take 1lb off of my weight belt I guess. I've only got 8 more lb's to play with Jim so take it easy huh?
    "A man is only as big as the dreams he dares to live"

liquidmocean

well.. tiffen's flyer away.. i guess.. no more.. where can we find a steadi now?
    "The BBC alow the EX1/3 to be used on SD productions, the 5D is not considered aceptable to the BBC for SD Production"

the most funny post ever is courtesy of gang's good friend.. mr Williams.. old stephen
    ###.com forums
    on Oct 30 2009

link to gang's former avatar

"tank like" yet still elegant...not unlike myself. I trust it still goes to 11.
    Aloha
    -A
    Alex Viarnes
    Poi Boy Productions

Hey Jim, thanks for the update, I appreciate it. I definitely want the most expensive thing I've ever purchased (except my house) to be as rugged as possible. I'm already having nightmeres about dropping Red...
    "Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible." -MC Escher

10.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #10  
    Every day we find ways to improve the project. We are looking at every detail possible to finish up the best we can. There are a million things to do and consider. If we get most of the first thousand right, we'll have a great foundation for the future.

Jim