Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Spec change...

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    just wondering, using the RED zoom on the flyer ? if it's approx. 8 pounds; you'd need more than the steadi-flyer anyway. (15 pounds max. weight) - add a mattebox, LCD, filters, follow focus etc... 1 pound added to the cam is inconsequential, IMO... personally i wouldn't buy a $15K steadi cam and not be able to use zooms on it. the archer is a better choice...

making a cam like a tank -> rugged, stands up to environmental factors is much more important than a pound or two. they get one shot at a first impression.

2. #72 Things that make you go hmmm 
    *Speculation alert*

I can't help but wonder if there was an "incident" while testing the prototypes that led them to conclude it needed a stronger casing? :D

Quote Originally Posted by Blair S. Paulsen View Post
    *Speculation alert*

I can't help but wonder if there was an "incident" while testing the prototypes that led them to conclude it needed a stronger casing? :D
    very much doubt it.

they've got a lot of field testing and benchmarks to meet.

good thing they're out to make the 'best" cam for the cake they can... nothing goes from the drawboard to production without changes. this seems like a case of pride in craftsman ship more than anything else...

Quote Originally Posted by Appleton View Post
    just wondering, using the RED zoom on the flyer ? if it's approx. 8 pounds; you'd need more than the steadi-flyer anyway. (15 pounds max. weight) - add a mattebox, LCD, filters, follow focus etc...
    it'll be difficult to go w/ Flyer.. changing plans..
    "The BBC alow the EX1/3 to be used on SD productions, the 5D is not considered aceptable to the BBC for SD Production"

the most funny post ever is courtesy of gang's good friend.. mr Williams.. old stephen
    ###.com forums
    on Oct 30 2009

link to gang's former avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blair S. Paulsen View Post
    *Speculation alert*

My baseless speculation was that they need either more or an alternative cooling system which neccesitated enlarging the body.
    "Four Years" - a 35mm short film - http://vimeo.com/3071939

They have heard the masses. They're putting a larger Wedge in.