Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Real names...

Reply to Thread
Page 138 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138
Results 1,371 to 1,378 of 1378
    Please change my name to "Retson Ross"

Thanks!

A friendly reminder that REDuser is indeed a real name forum. The internet has grown a lot since even when this thread was started as well as the filmmaking community in general.

Real names help in avoiding fraud and fraudulent activity.

This effort is most useful to this community when people are dealing with individuals in the marketplace, but there are other fascinating things that transpire here.

Spam Bots, sat marketing accounts, hacked accounts, individuals posing as other individuals, people from other companies, etc. A lot to look out for. This past year has seen everything in those regards as well as fairly malicious intentions towards this community and occasionally individuals. From a moderating perspective we do our best to investigate and vet those situations as they arise. If you ever have concerns over a user's behavior or identity, feel free to reach out to a moderator.

There are some regular posters here who are also not complying with this forum rule and we are looking at what to do about that to maintain some sense of security.

If you do have a higher profile name, i.e. are a celebrity, we of course can cater to that and do. If that's your unique situation, email a moderator and let them know, and appropriate discretion under a different alias is of course permitted and has been since REDuser launched.

As the community grows, so have the concerns regarding identity. Be careful who you interact with, especially in DMs or during any transaction of money or equipment.

Most active users are legitimate ranging from professionals to enthusiasts. But it's important to understand most is not all. We're looking at what to do to tighten up some of those looser ends. Abroad, it's become easier to stay on top of this due to the nature of the identity requirements across other social platforms and communities.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    A friendly reminder that REDuser is indeed a real name forum. The internet has grown a lot since even when this thread was started as well as the filmmaking community in general.

Real names help in avoiding fraud and fraudulent activity.

This effort is most useful to this community when people are dealing with individuals in the marketplace, but there are other fascinating things that transpire here.

Spam Bots, sat marketing accounts, hacked accounts, individuals posing as other individuals, people from other companies, etc. A lot to look out for. This past year has seen everything in those regards as well as fairly malicious intentions towards this community and occasionally individuals. From a moderating perspective we do our best to investigate and vet those situations as they arise. If you ever have concerns over a user's behavior or identity, feel free to reach out to a moderator.

There are some regular posters here who are also not complying with this forum rule and we are looking at what to do about that to maintain some sense of security.

If you do have a higher profile name, i.e. are a celebrity, we of course can cater to that and do. If that's your unique situation, email a moderator and let them know, and appropriate discretion under a different alias is of course permitted and has been since REDuser launched.

As the community grows, so have the concerns regarding identity. Be careful who you interact with, especially in DMs or during any transaction of money or equipment.

Most active users are legitimate ranging from professionals to enthusiasts. But it's important to understand most is not all. We're looking at what to do to tighten up some of those looser ends. Abroad, it's become easier to stay on top of this due to the nature of the identity requirements across other social platforms and communities.
    The timing of this is kind of ironic, as recently on another site in the comments section of an article, that quickly and largely became an anti-red tirade, I was accused of being you. “How many alternate accounts do you have, Phil Holland? Your writing style can be spotted a mile away...”. And there, just as here, I use my real name.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher A. Bell View Post
    The timing of this is kind of ironic, as recently on another site in the comments section of an article, that quickly and largely became an anti-red tirade, I was accused of being you. “How many alternate accounts do you have, Phil Holland? Your writing style can be spotted a mile away...”. And there, just as here, I use my real name.
    Considering his prodigious output, I think its more likely there is more than one Phil Holland... ;-)

Cheers - #19

Hi, can you change my name to Alex Anstey. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blair S. Paulsen View Post
    Considering his prodigious output, I think its more likely there is more than one Phil Holland... ;-)

Cheers - #19
    The only difference between me and other people is I sleep about 3-6 hours a night.

That and there are 5 of me :)
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

There are only three of me, but I've lost contact with the other two.

lol

Can you change my user name to Brent Lapham. Thanks.