R3D Data Manager for Mac version 5.2 is released!
Please see the Upgrade Notes section at the bottom of this post for older, yet still relevant, upgrade notes.
Updates in this release:
- Extended Growl, SMS/Email Notifications: Growl and SMS/Email notifications now include the source path in the copy status. This will help users with more than one system running simultaneously to better determine which source the program is reporting the status of.
- Red Media Identifiers: Now you have the ability to setup common identifiers for your Red Media, and select from them in the Project Information area. Now you dont need to type your Red Media names for each mag.
- Project Information update reminder: We added a small popup box to remind you to edit the Project Information when an auto-copy starts. The copy still proceeds in the background of the popup box. This can be disabled in the preferences.
- Email Logs: You can now automatically append the log file to the email notification of a successful copy. This is not recommended for SMS users, as the logs are verbose.
- Mini-result icon: We added a mini-result icon next to each destination. Now you can see visually which destinations failed for each source. It updates as you click on a source in the queue. The result icon is displayed as the destination finishes, so faster destinations will post a result before the slower destinations finish.
- Master logs: The program now saves master logs in the users library, and sweep old logs over 30 days old.
- Source Check: The program now checks before a copy operation that the sources actually exist, and are mounted properly.
- Auto-Clear queue: When auto-start is enabled and a new Red Media is detected, the program will clear the queue of all sources that have successfully copied. Only those sources who have had any failures will remain, and will automatically be recopied along with the new Red Media.
- Update Project Info during copy: You can now update the Project Information area while a copy is in progress. As long as you finish editing before the copy finishes, the information will be passed to the ProjectInformation.txt file as the copy finishes.
- Bug fixes: We fixed bugs in the recopy footage after an error and in the UI updating code.
If you are upgrading from version 5.0 or earlier: Due to an error in a 3rd party installer, you must install this upgrade manually. Please download the application from the link includede in the upgrade notice inside R3D Data Manager and run the included installer manually.
This version is for Mac OS 10.5 ONLY. Due to some needed changes in the structure, we can no longer support Mac OS 10.4
If upgrading from 4.x or earlier: You will need a new key before using this version. We have emailed all valid users a key, so check your email before upgrading. You can always obtain your key at https://www.r3ddata.com/order/resend/