Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: EPIC-X at IBC...

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 EPIC-X at IBC... 
    Jarred and I will be at IBC to show the latest EPIC-X prototype. While the proto we show is not a fully functioning unit (still need ASIC to come off the presses and work), we will be showing other stuff that does work. I think that anyone that finds us in Amsterdam will be blown away with "the stuff in the case" we have with us. The proto is the final one. It is representative of what we will be shipping. We are very proud of where we are and what the future looks like. There is not anything ever produced that will do what this camera will do, let alone in the package we will show.

The modularity of our program is just one of the things that we think will change the industry. You won't have to buy a new camera every time we improve one aspect of the system.

RED was started to revolutionize how this industry works. EPIC-X is the penultimate example of what we started out to accomplish.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Thanks,,,,
    Rent 5K for $500/day - NYC (Times Square)

EPIC-X, RPP, Sigma 18-35 PL, Motion Mount, VF/RED-rock wireless FF, Pana 17", JVC 20".

Green Screen Studio (with Reflecmedia), Kino 8'4/4'4/2'4' Kit, Arri Kit, Lite Panel kit, EZ-JIB + VZ Remote Head, Indie-Dolly kit, Cine-Slider, Seadicam with SEGWAY, Letus 4-Axis (soon)

Trash-Can 12-core Max'd-out) +MBP (Retina), RED Rocket (Sonnet), RAID system (Promise Pegasus II), Adobe Production (CC), FCS2, Resolve 9 with MC Color, 50" 4K Panel

Jim-
    This stuff sounds great. For the many of us who can't be in Amsterdam next week (bummer on a few counts...) will you or Jarred be able to post an overview of what you've got in the case, say after the first day of walking the floor or something like that?
    Let me know, cause that'd be great. Thanks as always.
    Peace,

-Harry

I really hope you guys show some pictures for those of us who can't make it to IBC. I for one can't wait to see this final prototype.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    EPIC-X is the penultimate example of what we started out to accomplish.

Jim
    Yeah, and it really didn't take that long, considering. This is only the second generation of the RED cameras. I see it as we are witnessing the beginning of a legacy.
    Tanner Stauss
    Camera Operator/Assistant

...If you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life...

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    I find it hard to believe that we will ever make anything that has as much historical impact and is as meaningful as EPIC-X... well, maybe REDray. :-)

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

I find it hard to believe that we will ever make anything that has as much historical impact and is as meaningful as EPIC-X... well, maybe REDray. :-)

Jim
    I LOVE hearing that, because my plan has been to go to EpicX because it does everything I want it to do (and that's from 9 month old specs), but I feel I've become the minority in a growing crowd of cries that EpicX is just a flyover until the FF Monstro becomes the defacto standard.
    "Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible." -MC Escher

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    EPIC-X will be the most important model in our lineup. The RED ONE is historical because it was our 1st camera and truly changed the industry. But EPIC-X will go down as the one people remember 50 years from now. IMHO.

Jim

EPIC-X will be the most important model in our lineup. The RED ONE is historical because it was our 1st camera and truly changed the industry. But EPIC-X will go down as the one people remember 50 years from now. IMHO.

Jim
    Excellent!!
    "Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible." -MC Escher

10.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Rock View Post
    I really hope you guys show some pictures for those of us who can't make it to IBC. I for one can't wait to see this final prototype.
    Don't worry.. im sure there will be plenty of cameras at the show :)