Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: EPIC-X at IBC...

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Very exciting :)
    Norm Li, csc
    Cinematographer
    http://www.q-films.com

DRAGONS #490, #863
    EPIC-X #670
    4x ALEXA EV packages

+ 2x Cooke S4/i Set (9 lenses), Angenieux Optimo 24-290mm, Optimo 28-76mm, LOMO Anamorphic Roundfront Set (4 lenses), O'Connor 2575's, Arrihead MK1, Arri MB18's, MB14, LMB5's, FF4, FF5-Cine, Digital Bartech, Panasonic/TVLogic/SmallHD LCDs, 3'/5' Overkeepers, RED Rocket, Freefly MoVi M10 & M15, etc.

+ Cooke Anamorphic Set (5 lenses) (Coming soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    EPIC-X will be the most important model in our lineup. The RED ONE is historical because it was our 1st camera and truly changed the industry. But EPIC-X will go down as the one people remember 50 years from now. IMHO.

Jim
    The Red One had changed my past life and Epic-X will change my future life again.

.. @ last the long awaited moment, even if I think I might not get a shot on getting the Epic -X since I already sold one camera, and ParadiseFX might very well keep the two they have on lease, I do believe that this will be in deed the tool that will profoundly change things.. again!!
    KETCH ROSSiF i l m m a k e r
    RED EPIC #00008 aka DragonM8

"Sponsors" listed for full disclosure
    Maxx Digital | Schneider Kreuznach / Optics | BB&S | Miller | Blueshape | Trost | DJI | Innovativ | Bright Tangerine | Cartoni | Kessler | Lowepro | Ewa-Marine | Village Blackout

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    Jarred and I will be at IBC to show the latest EPIC-X prototype. While the proto we show is not a fully functioning unit (still need ASIC to come off the presses and work), we will be showing other stuff that does work. I think that anyone that finds us in Amsterdam will be blown away with "the stuff in the case" we have with us. The proto is the final one. It is representative of what we will be shipping. We are very proud of where we are and what the future looks like. There is not anything ever produced that will do what this camera will do, let alone in the package we will show.

The modularity of our program is just one of the things that we think will change the industry. You won't have to buy a new camera every time we improve one aspect of the system.

RED was started to revolutionize how this industry works. EPIC-X is the penultimate example of what we started out to accomplish.

Jim
    What we can see in Amsterdam?

- Working prototype?

- A footage from the camera at 4K theater screen?

- More?
    "There is no point in having sharp images when you've fuzzy ideas."
    Jean-Luc Godard.

Dynamic range is, after all, the measurement between well saturation (photosite blowout) and noise floor.
    Thom Hogan

Damn, Jim. You really know how to whet people's appetites! :)

Can't wait to see what's in your suitcase. I'm especially curious to see how the modular pieces interconnect with one another.
    Jaime Vallés

Check out my Graphic Design portfolio: www.JaimeVallesDesign.com
    CASI CASI
    - A feature film on HBO Video! - www.CASICASI.com

Jim, I can understand you guy bringing the Epic X, but isn't the Epic X the Red One replacement? Why not the Scarlet range? Should I be worried about you completely leaving the Scarlet in the sidelines with this announcement? Have you guys abandoned the Scarlet concept and business model?

I sincerely hope not... The Scarlet was the only revolution I could afford...
    Sérgio Perez

EPIC-X 2029 "Lilau" in Macau!

Video Director/Creative/Producer

http://vimeo.com/user1503556

7.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergio Perez View Post
    Jim, I can understand you guy bringing the Epic X, but isn't the Epic X the Red One replacement? Why not the Scarlet range? Should I be worried about you completely leaving the Scarlet in the sidelines with this announcement? Have you guys abandoned the Scarlet concept and business model?

I sincerely hope not... The Scarlet was the only revolution I could afford...
    EPIC-X will be the 1st one released and that is the prototype we will bring. Since Scarlet uses all the same modules, you'll really be looking at the system for both.

The prototype we will bring is missing the ASIC. We will bring a few surprises that do operate however.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Somewhere I missed what the ASIC is? An acronym for...?

Tic Toc..
    KETCH ROSSiF i l m m a k e r
    RED EPIC #00008 aka DragonM8

"Sponsors" listed for full disclosure
    Maxx Digital | Schneider Kreuznach / Optics | BB&S | Miller | Blueshape | Trost | DJI | Innovativ | Bright Tangerine | Cartoni | Kessler | Lowepro | Ewa-Marine | Village Blackout

Quote Originally Posted by wshultz View Post
    Somewhere I missed what the ASIC is? An acronym for...?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASIC