I just shot my first music video as writer, director, cinematographer and editor. The concept is a trailer for a B-movie. This was a no-budget clip. We just went crazy with what we had.
- They just chose out the wrong basket of kittens... HELL CATS!
- The kittens just became mean little cats!
- Their bodies are their weapons. Weapons of MASS DESTRUCTION!
- Five boys who like to play with the women, but this time they chose the wrong ones. In a world where justice is a forgotten dream, the only entertainement is revenge and these girls have it written al over there sexy bodies.
- Concept/regie/camera/licht/montage: Kobe Van Steenberghe
- Chef electro: Robrecht "Crazy mirrors" Heyvaert
- Second unit & electro: Jochen "Red filter" Struyf
- Allrounder: Hendrik "Machete" Verthé
- Special fx: Arne "KABOEM" Normon
- Costumes: Sophie "Cut it up" Van Den Keybus
- Make up: Christophe Dewachter
For those interested, i uploaded some low resolution stills on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...2&id=673924035
Camera: Shot on Red one (build v20.1.3) in 4K HD/3K 16:9 (slomo 50fps)/2K 16:9 (for coverage of 16mm lens and slomo) and 2nd unit special fx shots on a EX1.
We also used the EX1 for some other shots so i can make a 'real world' comparrison of the two camera's later.
Lenses: Everything was shot on a (very old) set of arriflex Schneider Kreuznach prime lenses (18mm,28mm,40mm,50mm,75mm,100mm) and a angenieux 12-240mm zoom lens (some shots with 2X adapter; If we needed a lower T-stop we used it without the adapter and shot in 2K).
Light: We build our own 'kinoflo like' lights and also used Hedler 3006 Digi C Power kit which are tungsten lights for photoghraphic use. We used some red/yellow/green filters, had some bouncing boards; mirrors and also had some mirrors build on a spinning platform for flashing lights). We also had a smoke machine on set, which was pretty fun.
I would like to thank everybody at Red to make it possible for people like me to be able to get these results. Love the camera! Keep up the good work!
Website of the musicians: www.steamygrease.be
Check the song (wear armypants) here: http://www.myspace.com/steamygrease
All questions and comments are welcome...