Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: October 30th Announcement Feedback

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 180 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Graetz View Post
    Is anyone else seeing 'Red Digital Cinema Company' on the back of the FF in this pic?

http://reduser.net/forum/showpost.ph...3&postcount=24
    Hey, you're right !

So, Jarred, what about that Red follow focus unit ? Please tell me it's real...
    Price, availability ?

How many 12volt outputs to power accessories? Cinetape, MDR's etc... (on Epic-X S35)
    Last edited by dan_Carling; 10-30-2009 at 07:01 PM. Reason: missed off text

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    I cant complain like some of you more well to do pros but am I correct that even if you go with the 2/3 sensor you can just upgrade it? or once you have your brain your stuck.
    To get a bigger sensor, you upgrade the entire brain. But all of your other modules will still work.

Why would anyone opt for the LCD's when you could pump live video into a 24" Dell LCD for $250? I don't see the sense in paying so much for such a small display.

Do you think the I/O modules would prohibit external monitors?

5.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #185 DSMC 
    I shoot both stills and motion and want the DSMC to be my only camera. Will this be the case ..?
    Yes, that's why it's called a DSMC - Digital Stills and Motion Camera.
    Workflow Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bozulich View Post
    I pretty much came to this same conclusion back when Scarlet was completely redesigned. Students & video enthusiasts need not apply, Scarlet is a PRO tool with PRO pricing. As you say, nothing wrong with that, but it seems to fall short of the original promise of Scarlet. I've moved on (Canon 7D), but I hope someday Red makes a camera for 'the rest of us.'; those of use who to whom $5K+ is just too cost prohibitive. Red has the tech to make a great 'low-end' camera at price that would just KILL, all they need is the will. If that ever happens I'll be first in line!
    While 3k for 3k would have been nice I don't mind the 8-10k that a configured Scarlet will cost. I just figure it may be close to a year out. In that time Sony and Canon will probably release lower-end, less featured cameras that scoop up much of that 3k for 3k market. Scarlet will appeal to the higher end pros. Meantime we'll have to wait another rmonth just to see what Scarlet really is. Pressing questions like, will the fixed lens Scarlet have a servo zoom that a run and gun camera needs? remain unanswered.

But speaking of gunning what exactly is the Red Gunner? Looks like a combination mic, handgrip (if so, is that such a good idea?) with a lot of buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Nelson View Post
    Why would anyone opt for the LCD's when you could pump live video into a 24" Dell LCD for $250? I don't see the sense in paying so much for such a small display.

Think about battery life. I don't know about you, but I don't want to be toting a marine battery through the woods to power my 24" LCD!

Scarlet in 3 months, 6 months, another year? Are there ANY realistic expectations? The problem with no dates is that there are no deadlines. At some point you have to say something needs to be done by this date. If you don't you may tinker with it forever and never get it out the door. What would happen if you were to decide to just file your taxes whenever?

Even 6 months is YEARS in the tech industry.
    Ben Coleman
    Sugar Leaf Films

9.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach Nelson View Post

The Brain has a HDMI port.. so you can run around with your 24" Dell if that's what you would prefer to do.

I'm don't fully understand what the red gunner does?