Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: October 30th Announcement Feedback

Closed Thread
Page 39 of 180 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
    I wonder what competitors were surfing the forum today, I'd say all of them.

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Yes they are R, the M as you can imagine has far too short of a back focal distance.

The initial Leica R mount will most likely the traditional R mount.. ROM support may come down the road depending on demand ( since the ROM lenses send data it requires software development and that takes time and of course money )

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    The choice is not to have the search function for now, or let the server crash and not be able to do anything.. choice is yours :)

I think everything should be good in the morning. It probably would be good to make some sort of summary thread in Crucial that has the main points though...
    Would it help if you hosted the big images in the announcement on Flicker? I was wondering why REDUser had died and then I saw the 2 pages of full screen JPEGs... also Ace's helpful hint for everyone to switch to 40 posts per page instead of the default was also probably poorly timed. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Yes they are R, the M as you can imagine has far too short of a back focal distance.

The initial Leica R mount will most likely the traditional R mount.. ROM support may come down the road depending on demand ( since the ROM lenses send data it requires software development and that takes time and of course money )
    OK, sounds good. Count me in for one and Id like to request ROM support......

5.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Greenwalt View Post
    Would it help if you hosted the big images in the announcement on Flicker? I was wondering why REDUser had died and then I saw the 2 pages of full screen JPEGs... also Ace's helpful hint for everyone to switch to 40 posts per page instead of the default was also probably poorly timed. ;)
    all the images were on separate servers.. but thats not really what bogs down the servers... search function is incredibly taxing on the server resources and most people hit the new posts button when they first gets to the site, which means 2000+ searches going on this morning all at the same time over and over and over again. When the server starts to get slow it compounds the issue as people then keep hitting the refresh button, and it goes on and on and on.

This is just a temporary inconvenience.. Im just glad the server didn't actually go down even once today, there was some periods there around 3pm that were absolutely insane.

will a 1st AC be abel to control focus for the canon electronic lenses on the red mote remotely

7. #387 Red Matte Box 
    Red Matte Box

Does it have a swing away adaptor ?

What size filter trays ?

Can additional filter trays be added ?

Is there some form of bellows adaptor ?

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar Al-Masab View Post
    will a 2nd AC be abel to control focus for the canon electronic lenses on the red mote remotely
    yes...

Auto or Follow focus ?

Am I understanding this correctly. The auto focus can be controlled via a touch screen ?

Is the auto focus able to lock and track a selected point and track focus on that selection. If it can how good is it. Im guessing its not going to replace the focus puller here but adds to their tool kit.

With say Canon L or Nikon lenses are the focus motors up to tracking a selected target ? no critisim intended just trying to understand....

10.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blackham View Post
    Red Matte Box

Does it have a swing away adaptor ?

What size filter trays ?

Can additional filter trays be added ?

Is there some form of bellows adaptor ?
    1. No it is a clip on.

2. 4 x 5.6

3. Theoretically yes, Currently no. ( 2 trays standard )

4. Yes bellows adapters for different lens diameters.