Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: October 30th Announcement Feedback

Closed Thread
Page 28 of 180 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
  1. #271 post persepective 
    Hi
    One of the biggest stalling points in the acceptance of red one was it ability to be handled in post, so I will put my hand up and ask Red to include the post houses in the beta testing, releasing gear that is not post friendly and having post chase their tales is something to be avoided. So it would be great if there was some footage available for post people once the first cameras ship. Wish we had firm dates on the cameras, even if these dates were way off in the future, to be able to say to people you will be able to buy the scarlet you want by the end of the next year would be a great thing to hear.
    Cheers

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Battistella View Post
    Is the monitoring from the epic 10-bit or will it be 8-bit like on the red one?

David
    HD-SDI on Epic will be 10 bit up to 2K.. There is support for 10bit HDMI as well.

I for one am super-psyched about the prospect of being able to use electronic focus. I'm just hoping that it won't be dependent on using the touchscreen. I've been thinking alot lately about using autofocus lenses for focus pulling, especially preprogramming the distance and the time for the pull. It would be incredible to set down triggers before a shoot and then just hit a trigger while rolling, obviating the need for a focus puller. I know that would be a boon for what want to use scarlet for.

4. #274 Making our case to RED 
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfx View Post
    Dear Red,
    I just mailed cash for my Tattoo, please ship asap. I will call Jim on his cell once it arrives.

Thanks.
    Red #83
    I think I'll follow suite.

In exchange for my Tatoo selection- I'll name all three of my future kids Jim, Jarred, and Kelly. If I have enough energy- Bryant, Sean, Nate, and Travis will follow with the 2nd wife.

Thanks.
    RED # 87

ps, and check's in the mail

5.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Elkington View Post
    . I'm just hoping that it won't be dependent on using the touchscreen.
    it will not be :)

Where is photo of Scarlet??
    Pleeease get me out of this 8 bit world!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    The actual Sensor is adjustable on multiple axis... no more shimming or adjusting the mounts :)
    It'll be interesting to see exactly how the sensor adjustment will work - motor driven or manual?

Would be great if the adjustment points are repeatable and have a numerical value display - if electronic then with readout of settings in EVF/LCD, if manual perhaps with precision vernier scales. If you have several stills lenses say with slight backfocus differences, users can note the adjustment points for each, then they can quickly dial those settings in when changing lenses?
    Director/Digital Camera Operator/2nd AC/DIT/Data Manager
    London, UK.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

I know the big question is how many Tattoo cameras will be made. I'm very curious too. But I'm also wondering when the sensor upgrade will be available to the Stage I and Stage II people? Will they have the option of getting the sensor right away? When their camera ships? Or a few months later?

-Russ
    Russell Lasson
    Color Mill
    www.colormill.net

Jim, I think TATTOO recipients should be made to get real RED Tattoo's on their arm before they can take part in stage 1 :)

Senior Member David Battistella's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    HD-SDI on Epic will be 10 bit up to 2K.. There is support for 10bit HDMI as well.
    Get lost!!!! LOL. People are going to think I am a plant!

I'm asking all the right questions and you are giving all the best answers.

David
    "There are the chosen ones, and then there are the lick their bums"
    Peace Battistella