Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: October 30th Announcement Feedback

Closed Thread
Page 40 of 180 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
    RED Rocket™ Break out box.

We would like some analogue audio for of Audio monitoring, Id guess we can break out with a separate audio only device or can we use this type of device.

http://www.octavainc.com/HDMI%201x1%...Converter.html

We would really like it to be balanced but you get the idea. We are concerned about delay and any other possible issues. An suggestions on how to do this welcome.

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blackham View Post
    Auto or Follow focus ?

Am I understanding this correctly. The auto focus can be controlled via a touch screen ?

Is the auto focus able to lock and track a selected point and track focus on that selection. If it can how good is it. Im guessing its not going to replace the focus puller here but adds to their tool kit.

With say Canon L or Nikon lenses are the focus motors up to tracking a selected target ? no critisim intended just trying to understand....
    you will always be limited to the speed of the motors in any given lens. For some people that use Canon and Nikon lenses they are ok with that tradeoff..

The RED Electronic FF lenses are designed with motion tracking and motion recording as a foundation however, so the performance of those lenses in both motor speed, lens noise, breathing, etc. will far exceed ( we believe ) other electronic lenses on the market.

There is something in those renders of the RED Electronic FF lens that nobody has picked up yet.... something that is actually pretty incredible ( and a first )

Heat output/Power consumption of Epic S35 compared to Red One.

We use Red One in Housings and can have potential over heating problems.

What is the approximate heat output of an Epic S35 with required modules compared to Red One in terms of precentage ie 50% 75%. Just a rough figure would help.

Would other brains with say FF35 generate more heat/consume more power ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    you will always be limited to the speed of the motors in any given lens. For some people that use Canon and Nikon lenses they are ok with that tradeoff..

The RED Electronic FF lenses are designed with motion tracking and motion recording as a foundation however, so the performance of those lenses in both motor speed, lens noise, breathing, etc. will far exceed ( we believe ) other electronic lenses on the market.

There is something in those renders of the RED Electronic FF lens that nobody has picked up yet.... something that is actually pretty incredible ( and a first )
    You mean the auto manual switch, I cant read whats on the switch behind it.....

VC I think
    Vibration Compensation ?

I assume it has something to do with the switch behind the Auto/Manual. I also noticed that the current focus distance is highlighted in red. Is that something special going on?

Quote Originally Posted by David Limpus View Post
    VC I think
    There's not quite enough rez in the image?

And on that Red Gunner render what is that lens anyway ? and is the front grip some form of motorised control, may be I need better glasses but do I see a gear controling the front lens ring ?

Could it be something like 'wc' as in wire control?

Quote Originally Posted by David Limpus View Post
    VC I think
    Vibration Compensation ?
    Well if it is it would be very welcome for some tasks.