Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: October 30th Announcement Feedback

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 180 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
    Wait.

I didn't read anything about Graeme's "magic focus" in this announcement?
    "Well, isn't that just amazing!"
    Battistella

Can we please have clarification on what is meant by "Official Notification"? Is that today? Thus, we (owners) have thirty days to decide which stage we'll be choosing?

It's a minor nitpick, but I hope the final version of the handle has VAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASTLY better ergonomics than that awful boxy, hard-edged one on the TATTOO version. I thought when I saw those on prototypes many months ago that they were VERY EARLY mock-ups.

You want your handle to look way more like the Nikon D3's and way less like the Mamiya 645AFD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Greenwalt View Post
    Whatever hapepned to "You can still qualify for EpicX after October 31. It would be unfair otherwise."

I Second... I was hoping to pick up another Red One camera in the next week or two....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Rodinis View Post
    Can we please have clarification on what is meant by "Official Notification"? Is that today? Thus, we (owners) have thirty days to decide which stage we'll be choosing?
    They did state that it was when you receive your notification from RED and that the notification will come in the order of serial numbers.

The Tattoo goes out firt, there is a beta program and then the notifications go out. I am guessing 3-9 months depending on your serial Number.

No gun to your head today.

David
    Battistella

6. #176 Tattoo ardor 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L. Pederson View Post
    Will there be a Tattoo Day at Red HQ?
    That would be a gas. I'm guessing Jim and the Red Team will want the chance to interact with us and see us gush over their baby. We know you're in, just wondering how many Tattoo rigs will be made???

Cheers - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Alvarez View Post
    Well, have been following the Scarlet progress for some time now, and we sure have come a LONG way from the 3K for 3K hype from past NABs. It seems like the more time goes by, the less it looks like I'm the right customer for this camera. Too bad really. I really love the concept.

But it looks like when Scarlet is released (and nobody knows when that will be) it will be priced well beyond what the average consumer is looking for in a good high-end camera. Nothing wrong with that. Just different from what the perceived target customer was from the beginning.

Note that I'm not saying the Scarlet is too expensive, it is certainly not. What has happened is the camera concept has been changed and improved to the point where its target customer has changed, and maybe that is for the better.

Time to move on...
    I pretty much came to this same conclusion back when Scarlet was completely redesigned. Students & video enthusiasts need not apply, Scarlet is a PRO tool with PRO pricing. As you say, nothing wrong with that, but it seems to fall short of the original promise of Scarlet. I've moved on (Canon 7D), but I hope someday Red makes a camera for 'the rest of us.'; those of use who to whom $5K+ is just too cost prohibitive. Red has the tech to make a great 'low-end' camera at price that would just KILL, all they need is the will. If that ever happens I'll be first in line!

In the render of the gunner configuration and it seems one of the earlier renders... WHAT LENS IS THAT? :) One of the RED electronics, I presume. Looks mighty sexy.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - EPIC-M Package Available! Over 1TB SSD media, RPP's & more.

List of all current RED software tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bozulich View Post
    I pretty much came to this same conclusion back when Scarlet was completely redesigned. Students & video enthusiasts need not apply, Scarlet is a PRO tool with PRO pricing. As you say, nothing wrong with that, but it seems to fall short of the original promise of Scarlet. I've moved on (Canon 7D), but I hope someday Red makes a camera for 'the rest of us.'; those of use who to whom $5K+ is just too cost prohibitive. Red has the tech to make a great 'low-end' camera at price that would just KILL, all they need is the will. If that ever happens I'll be first in line!
    Mike,

Think of it this way. THey made a $17.5K camera that made major release motion pictures. You could own that same camera. I own that camera.

Now you are asking them to make a 5K camera that would accomplish the same thing? Why would they make a camera that has to compete in the 5K range when many people are willing to step up to own something that really can compete on the big screen.

Don't be disappointed. I don't think they think about "low-end" when they are creating their stuff. They seem to be striving a bit higher.

David
    Battistella

I cant complain like some of you more well to do pros but am I correct that even if you go with the 2/3 sensor you can just upgrade it? or once you have your brain your stuck.
    "When trying to get to the next level, look up and ask someone already there for help."

~Ron Johnson~