Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: November 30th Announcement Feedback

Closed Thread
Page 48 of 144 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast
    I was hoping to find prices for extra batteries (and charger) this time. Is it possible to spill some beans, or is it still subject to change?

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton Burkhart View Post
    Thanks for your reply Peter. I have seen several folks post about this and go largely ignored. To be honest feels more like a fan club than a discussion. All the folks waiting in the wings in the 5D/7D world were hanging on this announcement and really still don't have any answers. What it does mean is that they will probably go forward into the next generation with Canon instead. Why? The glass. Either we want access to PLMount as an S35 user, or the broad array of 35mm still glass with access to PL. The real questions: How fast will the Scarlet S35 or FF be reading off the sensor, in order to get around rolling shutter? How will it be downscaling to avoid aliasing, moire, artifacts, etc.? These are the solutions that are worth paying for.
    of course. and I know what you mean about the fan club thing, but if you are around long enough you see that it is mostly just good information. I have gotten tons of answers here and learned a lot about many aspects of filmmaking.

You will run into more BS though when you get into the threads that are purely based on speculation or whining about prices.

Not that I would ever ask you to ignore other people's info. But your best bet in a big thread like this with lots of new information (if you dont feel like reading everything of course) is to scan through until you see a post from one of the red guys. They are the ones with the facts and they will usually post an answer with the question quoted.

I call that strategy a hitchhiker's guide to reduser....haha jk

So we cannot shoot 120 frames per second on a CF card?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Crossland View Post
    So we cannot shoot 120 frames per second on a CF card?
    yes you can, with REDCODE42

clayton, seriously. this is not an announcement? are you serious? I see nothing but specs, prices and even est. delivery dates... what exactly were you expecting?
    Kind regards,

Tim Whitcomb
    Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Freeburg View Post
    Btw... I still shoot with a couple of Xl1's.
    You're in good company! I've been shooting on an XL1S for years, which I hope to replace with a Scarlet.

The real questions: How fast will the Scarlet S35 or FF be reading off the sensor, in order to get around rolling shutter?
    Jim has stated in the past that the Epic and Scarlet are 5 microsecs and the RED One is 9 microsecs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    Sorry to slightly disagree with Mitch. Spinning mirror is 4 microsecs and Epic is 5. One won't help Epic at all. It already matches (virtually) what a spinning mirror does on a film camera for skew.

Jim

I am still waiting for the price of the SSD, price wise its a close race I think for SSD and CF media

Side CF Reader - $500
    2 x (4x 16GB bundle) - $2800

$3300 for 128GB of flash cards

vs

SSD Module - $1500
    128 GB SSD drive - ?

If the SSD drive is $1800 you will have an equal bang for GB buck between the 2 methods but CF cards as stated recently will not be able to handle REDCODE 100

If the 128GB SSD is more than $1800 you will have to decide whether or not the difference is a fair price to shoot higher data rates

we shall see I guess

S35:

More Details Sometime.
    Most of the specs are there...especially now that EPIC and SCARLET modules are identical.. only difference is BRAIN... which is the Mysterium X sensor with some FPS limitations...basically a tick below EPIC... and even a Summer 2010 est delivery.
    Kind regards,

Tim Whitcomb
    Filmmaker

10.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    I am still waiting for the price of the SSD, price wise its a close race I think for SSD and CF media

Side CF Reader - $500
    2 x (4x 16GB bundle) - $2800

$3300 for 128GB of flash cards

vs

SSD Module - $1500
    128 GB SSD drive - ?

If the SSD drive is $1800 you will have an equal bang for GB buck between the 2 methods but CF cards as stated recently will not be able to handle REDCODE 100

If the 128GB SSD is more than $1800 you will have to decide whether or not the difference is a fair price to shoot higher data rates

we shall see I guess
    keeping in mind, we don't know what cf cards will or will not be able to handle 6 or 7 months from now (hopefully) when these things start getting in people's hands. Or, what they will cost

later,
    Jason
    Landmine Media