With this modular and wireless enabled system I can foresee many possible future audio modules and innovations in that field to add to all the imaging ones you guys are making.
I figure you are not all so sexed up on audio gear and focused on imaging but hey as the audio guys like to say - in video and film Audio is 70% of what you see. To my mind ready synced on-board audio is an important part of the work-flow streamlining going on with digital cinema so the camera developer are the ones who can innovate further here and you guys at red are just so damn good at innovation I can't wait to see what you come up with.
A fully synced, meta-data embedded, expandable modular multichannel on-board audio recording system with wireless monitoring and control anybody?
(I'm no audio guy but I like my gear and take an interest in all fields - can't say if an audio guy would actually rate my ideas here)
Like just about everything else with this camera, I'm sure you can just buy a module that will get you where you want to go.
Correct, for Scarlet with either the Base I/O Module or the Pro I/O Module you would get 2 x HD-SDI outputs...
(and in EPIC's case, as it has HD-SDI on the camera head as well as HDMI, that's a 2nd and 3rd HD-SDI output)
someone did post it, but I'll echo it.
Scarlet is beefed, I belong to a group of users not rental, which makes my Epic purchase less desirable.
I get the marketing and the need to revamp the "new comers"
The price point and feature set on scarlet, makes me more interested in FF35
I still want to be on top with my clients. I need them to know they get the best without the crossing the line:)
What's up with FF35?
Jim; I'll be working on video for the Bombardier jets (customization).
Same you're flying and yes the client nows you well;)
I am in need to get some interviews..any chance for a chat in front of a camera?
(sorry to hijack this thread temporarily but I figure you guys from Red are reading this thread closely)
To further expand the modules I'm thinking of here for audio:
It has been stated before that 4 channels simultaneous recording is the max for the cameras at present. There can be many situations where a sound recordist would want to record more than 4 discreet channels of audio. If he does this on a separate device then he would need to cable up and sync to timecode if he wants to make syncing in post easier. (like I say, I'm not a sound guy so feel free to correct me on this)
Might it not be nicer to be able to record these extra channels in camera and have them transfer in perfect sync together with the video files?
So what I suggest is something like this:
- Two separate styles of audio module
- One that has on board recording to CF media and acts as a master unit for the others
- the second provides 4 full size XLR inputs plus any other appropriate connectors, has high quality on board pre-amps, Compressor limiters and DACs for the inputs.
- The Master unit can have any number of these input units attached up to a certain limit and will record the audio input from them onto it's media, taking metadata and rec/stop controls from the camera brain and any DSMC controller system like the Redmote
- The audio recording module could also accept redvolt batteries or a battery module to enable the sound recordist to use it independently if desired
- When working as a separate unit a redmote can be attached passing all camera data and controls to the unit wirelessly
Combine this with the Redmote audio monitoring and control surface capabilities mentioned earlier and we would have something very interesting - if it is at all technically possible.
The main factors that I can see preventing this from working might be data rates, reliability and latency in the wifi connection. I don't know enough about these to know if it could be done or not.
me = , = needed
Once again sorry for hijacking with my probably crazy ideas...
Will lens mounts be interchangeable between Epic and Scarlet?
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|