Thread: Feature Film in Seoul, Korea

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Sounds fascinating, too bad I don't get my red till January :waaa:

If you need any VFX Supervision or Work drop me a line. We're Seattle, WA based but don't mind a little time in the air. ;)

Page is pretty outdated but has our contact info:
    http://www.StraightfaceHQ.com

Quote Originally Posted by Seung Han View Post
    I made a post in the Hire forum but I think it might fit better here because, it seems more location centric then employment centric... So, mods can delete my other thread... But please leave this one!

I am determined to shoot my feature film in Seoul, Korea using the Red Camera! It will be Korea's first feature Red Production! (yes, both are declarations) I purchased a Red Package but probably won't receive it till Spring. This is where you guys come into the picture.

I am looking for a one month production schedule, six day shoot weeks and long hours. BUT, great script, good people, and I guarantee an amazing time in Seoul. Also, we need to fit in some time for tests and other prep work.

Who is going to make this happen? Please let me know what you think is a fair price for this extended period of rental for a complete package and other expenses like travel and lodging and then we can start getting creative from there...

In my old days , I was selling non-Japanese Cameras. ( It was German's Cameras - BTS from 1995-1997 )

BTS was gone and better take S.............2K cameras is a good start fro the Korean Broadcasters from 2K to 1080P...

Stewart Chong
    ex-BTS and Philips Broadcast Systems ( 1996-1997 )
    ASIA

Quote Originally Posted by REDHKSC View Post
    In my old days , I was selling non-Japanese Cameras. ( It was German's Cameras - BTS from 1995-1997 )

BTS was gone and better take S.............2K cameras is a good start fro the Korean Broadcasters from 2K to 1080P...

Stewart Chong
    ex-BTS and Philips Broadcast Systems ( 1996-1997 )
    ASIA
    No, I am not a Korean Broadcaster. Independent Filmmaker from New York getting ready to shoot a feature in Seoul. I guess its always nice to reflect about the good old days...

Had an amazing time in Shanghai last fall. Good pasta and a laser light show in a tunnel under the river!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Seung Han View Post
    Let me know what you guys think.

The title:
    Love Buzz

‘Love Buzz’ is about two Korean-American guys and their romantic relations with two Korean girls set against the culture of Booking Clubs, Casual So-ke-tings, Sexy Bars, Room Salons and Ammas in modern Seoul, Korea. Even though Koreans are a social people, they have very formal ritualized ways of interacting. ‘Love Buzz’ shows how these venues of meeting socially and illicitly can at times be fun and exciting but also the source of great misery. While following the romantic story of the four main characters, the film explores the blurring line between dating, casual sex and prostitution.

And all feedback is welcome! Thanks for reading this obnoxiously long winded post...:whistling:
    Seung Han, Your story sounds like it has great promise with accompanying degree of difficulty. I assume you are going to release to both Korean and Western audiences... if so, and if you can reach each one equally, then you have a unique talent. I'm just thinking that if you try to fully explain to one audience what is happening, the other audience may feel like they are getting too much information. I don't envy you your task. But if you pull it off, we'll probably all be sayin' we knew you back when.

hi just wondering what is going on with your film project? I have been looking to come back to korea and work on something. send me details to celluloidsamurai@gmail.com