The latest release version of RED ONE camera firmware has been posted on www.red.com/support - Build 21 RED ONE Firmware, v21.4.1 (password-protected).
* Addition of 4.5K WS (Widescreen 4480 x 1920 pixel) RESOLUTION recording setting.
* Addition of REDCODE 42 QUALITY setting for 4.5K WS, 4K 2:1, 4K ANA, 4K HD record resolutions.
* Addition of VIEW mode indicator, vmRAW / vm709 / vmRSP, in upper GUI status row.
* Addition of video Genlock for HD-SDI PVW output(s) when GENLOCK selected in SENSOR menu.
* Addition of support for Cooke prime and zoom lenses (Cooke v2.29 firmware or later)
* Addition of REMOTE PORT selection and LENS PORT enable checkbox to REMOTE menu.
* Adjusted area metered by RGB clip meter to active recorded area only.
* Adjusted area metered by RAW sensor meter to active recorded area only.
* Adjusted resolution of SHUTTER PHASE control from 5 degree to 1 degree steps.
* Changed Edge Highlight color from red to blue to improve visibility.
* Bug affecting MASTER GAIN setting in VIDEO / COLOR menu fixed.
* Bug affecting flip / flop of REC709 and REDspace VIEW during camera playback fixed.
* Bug affecting Toe X and Toe Y reported to GUI in TONE menu fixed.
* Bug affecting Time / Date reported to GUI in SET TIME / DATE fixed.
* Bug affecting monitor path in 4.5K WS mode (two short vertical lines in GUI) fixed.
* Bug affecting monitor path in MAGNIFY mode (tearing outside active video area) fixed / mitigated.
* Bug affecting adjustment of Ch1 / Ch2 Volume from USER KEYS fixed.
* Bug affecting adjustment of Ch1 / Ch2 Volume from RED-EVF menus fixed.
* Resolved boot error condition affecting certain cameras.
* Resolved loss of POST message at conclusion of record pass.
* Verified Image Magnify function lock-out during record.
* Resolved 4.5K WS position error when on-camera playback set to 1080p.
* Adjusted ISO parameter label to ISO RATING.
* GUI timecode display no longer counts in whole second increments when not in RECORD.
* Default setting in PLAYBACK changed to LOOK = CLIP.
* Default setting for audio MIC LEVEL changed to +36dB.
* OPACITY of LOOK AROUND are is now adjustable in MONITOR / CUSTOM menu.
* WRITE LOG label moved to SYSTEM / SETUP / MAINTENANCE menu
* Added REPEAT FRAME flag to VITC-2 HANC in HD-SDI PVW output.
* Added IN-RECORD flag to VITC-2 HANC in HD-SDI PVW output.
* Added CLIP NAME as metadata to VITC-2 HANC in HD-SDI PVW output.
* Enhancement of USER PROFILE function.
* Addition of STATUS display of camera parameters.
* Addition of project CONFIGURATION function.
ALWAYS READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE DOWNLOADED INSTALLATION FILES BEFORE PROCEEDING.
NOTE: After upgrading firmware, a BLACK SHADING calibration should be performed. Detailed instructions are contained in the Operations Guide.
If you have any questions or feedback, please contact RED Technical Support at www.red.com/support.