Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: REDAlert Settings

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    P.s. Stu, Magic Bullit Looks beta Is my new favorite app. It has the same freedom and creative feel as Lightroom does on the still side. I just can't get enough of it. Hours of combining effects and layers in AE gone. It's a winner.

Stu - YES, in massive agreement, but you know more about this stuff than I do.

Just spent the day shooting white cars in broad daylight on a cloudless day, we'll have ample opportunity to explore these concepts in post.
    Mike Curtis
    West Coast Sales & Rental Rep for Camblock Motion Control Systems
    and
    Mike Curtis Pictures
    mikedcurtis@mac.com

Stu - you would absolutely love this footage I am processing right now - flat, desaturated, apparently underexposed - looks perfectly awful -

But seriously, I am pretty stoked about how a bunch of white cars at high noon resolved today. Now Graeme if I could just get a slightly more stable build of the QT codec ... (*ducks*)

Quote Originally Posted by im.thatoneguy View Post
    Stu I'm noticing a small discrepancy between your sig and avatar info bar on which RED you have reserved. ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by ProLost View Post
    Yeah, well, it's one of those... :)

Think I got it fixed now.

-Stu
    Not sure if you do Stu, my contract for 1073 says otherwise

Your advice on the other hand is unquestionably brilliant :)

.........Ian Sun..........
    Anansi Moving Images

EPIC X 00498 Baby!!!
    MX RED ONE 1080
    p+++

....... T O R O N T O .......

Hey Stu, I love your blog. I really appreciate you sharing your expertise with the rest of us!

Does your reservation contract also say 1073?
    I have two RED ONE reservation contracts for #1073 and #1080 (cool number eh?).

I guess we should see that this is sorted out before December 10.
    Of course I'd be more than happy to have you come by and use 1073 in exchange for some of your vast stores of insight and experience

Good times!

.........Ian Sun..........
    Anansi Moving Images

EPIC X 00498 Baby!!!
    MX RED ONE 1080
    p+++

....... T O R O N T O .......

This is the problem when you have people handling this stuff for you. I'm pretty sure I'm 1033—until someone chimes in and tells me otherwise! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Prevette View Post
    P.s. Stu, Magic Bullit Looks beta Is my new favorite app. It has the same freedom and creative feel as Lightroom does on the still side. I just can't get enough of it. Hours of combining effects and layers in AE gone. It's a winner.
    Thanks Mike! MB Looks is a passion project for me, and it should be the ultimate complement to a RED One—or to whatever camera you currently have that you're shooting with as if it was a RED!

-Stu
    Stu Maschwitz
    ProLost

Quote Originally Posted by pliny View Post
    Stu - you would absolutely love this footage I am processing right now - flat, desaturated, apparently underexposed - looks perfectly awful -
    Dude, can't wait to see it!

-Stu
    Stu Maschwitz
    ProLost

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by pliny View Post
    Now Graeme if I could just get a slightly more stable build of the QT codec ... (*ducks*)
    That would be me actually... What's wrong with it? It's been extremely stable here and in certain projects.
    ROBCODE Santa Claus @ RED

"You get the chicken by waiting for the egg to hatch, not by smashing it with a hammer" - Jarred

9. #19 Timecode and batch exporting 
    Banned
    Hi all.

We've been exporting r3d files to 2k log dpx but our systems (baselight/flame/smoke) can't read the timecode. Are we doing something wrong when we export?

Also can we get Red Alert! to batch process convert all the shots or is manual until RedCine comes out?

One more thing, any pointers on exporting the frames for grading in a baselight system?

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Nattress View Post
    ...REDLog for 10bit DPX Export to retain maximum precision.
    Graeme, will there be any documentation forthcoming on the RedLog curve? I assume it's not quite Cineon Log, although in many circumstances it could probably be treated the same way, but in the name of accuracy, is it to be documented somewhere?