Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Royalty Free Music

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio Quintana View Post
    Has a lot of limitations to it. Basically not for commercial use.

Unfortunatly there are several providers out there who claim to be "royalty-free", but if you want to use it on something to be broadcast you still have to report it, and you will be billed! So take care and read the fine print carefully!
    RED EPIC-W #1021, RED EPIC-X DRAGON #250, EPIC-M DRAGON #646, RED ONE #476 MX "MOTHER"
    Commercials | Live | Concerts | Corporate | RED rentals
    Red Pro Primes T1.8: 18,25,35,50,85,100 (all metric), red CF zoom 18-50 T3 (imperial), Red Pro Zoom 17-50mm T2.9 (m), Red zoom 50-150 T3 (m) + 300mm T2.8 (i), RED Pro Zoom 18-85mm (i)
    KOWA Cine Prominar 20,40,100mm
    www.groovyentertainment.com

Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right. ~Henry Ford

Just came across a great list at Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/forums/topic:15630

First, thanks Jarred, GREAT idea!

An other vote for TuneSociety but now will surely listen thru the ones listed, and will keep an eye on any new postings.

There are many out there, but most not for commercial use, and also must say that is a Pain in most royalty free sites,
    as you just simply can not enjoy listening to any tunes, when every few other seconds they scream out loud the name of their company.

Quote Originally Posted by KETCH ROSSI View Post
    must say that is a Pain in most royalty free sites,
    as you just simply can not enjoy listening to any tunes, when every few other seconds they scream out loud the name of their company.
    Music is very, very easy to steal from a stock site... so we have to either have an audio watermark or make a low quality version. I prefer the 1st option, at least you can hear just how good the quality of the song is.

http://withetiquette.com licenses music for small artists, at $99 a pop. Lovely, handmade music with acoustic instruments and text.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Retar View Post
    Music is very, very easy to steal from a stock site... so we have to either have an audio watermark or make a low quality version. I prefer the 1st option, at least you can hear just how good the quality of the song is.
    Totally understand Jim, but I would still prefer to be given a choice to which one listen to.

But http://www.stockfuel.com/stock_audio.html is amongst one of my favorite as well, and love the UI and site design, a plus on that.

What about the stuff provided through apps like Adobe Audition or Soundbooth? Anything you compile using those royalty free sounds is yours... right?
    One camera is a shoot...but four (or more'-) Hydrogens is a prohhhh-duction... Elsie the Wraith

Again another vote for Tunesociety. Had my back on more than one occasion.

Elsie, the foley sounds are but have never used stock sounds in either program on commercial work so haven't looked at the fine print. Always be careful. Its ALWAYS a lot cheaper on the front end than the back.