EDL to REDCine-X Conform Tool (Mac only)
version 0.82 - Mikael Lubtchansky
1. Shoot some footage with a RED camera
2. Transcode offline files keeping original RED names for all your clips (or use Quicktime proxies).
3. Edit in FCP, Avid or Premiere (cut only edit points, no dissolves, no non-RED footage or graphics should be used at this point)
4. Export EDL
5. Launch EDL2RCX Script
6. Follow onscreen instructions
After answering a few questions about your project's frame rate and location of the original R3D files, you should get a LUA script file generated on your desktop. Launch REDCine-X, open file menu, choose 'Run script', select the LUA file and your edit will be recreated in the timeline.
Changes from original release build :
- Detection of Edge TC when it is used against Absolute TC.
- Now works better with audio edits in the EDL.
- Will now let you add up to 10 source directories to search for your R3Ds
- Avid and Premiere support
- Support added for R3Ds created with cameras using pre 16 firmware
- fixed a bug that could cause re-link error with some R3D files
- fixed some permission errors when scanning full drives
- fixed an issue on Avid if clip names were changed.
- fixed an issue with some 'simple' RED16 Avid EDL
- fixed an issue with TC detection
- much much faster source folder scanning
- much faster processing when having a large R3D folder scanned
Known issues :
- 23.976 and 29.98 TC are not fully tested
- Any clip playing in reverse in your edit will be wrong once in RCX as standard EDLs don't export that info !
- Evaluation version will only export the first 10 edits of your EDL to REDCINE-X (Full version has no limits)
If you encounter specific issue, please email me your EDL file.
If it works well on your system and you wish to unlock it beyond 10 first edit points, you can send a donation via Paypal to my email account (any amount over $15 will get you a code to unlock it). I'll do my best to keep it bug free and up to date :
mika at nerim.net
EDL has several limitations with reversed clips etc so I made an XML version offering much more features. A single donation unlocks both scripts, try it out here : http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42478
Thanks for any feedback.
This software is not affiliated with RED.com, Inc.
REDCINE-X, R3D are trademarks of RED.com, Inc.
Final Cut Pro is a trademark of Apple Inc.
Avid is a trademark of Avid Technology, Inc
Premiere is a trademark of of Adobe Systems Inc.