Thread: Suggest Monitors for Grading...

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Suggest Monitors for Grading... 
    Banned
    well friends..i would want to know best monitors for grading... i have read that HP dreamcolor series is used by few friends here in community..how about Sony LMD series..any specific monitors...anybody can suggest me...

thanks in Advance
    Sunil

Panasonic 12 series plasma. Unless you have SERIOUS amounts to spend, look no further. http://panasonic.net/proplasma/lineup/

Check out Flanders Scientific and TV Logic. Good price/performance ratios. e-cinema, cinetal, sony, Barco, etc all make high end monitors as well. You need to test though, as some of this goes beyond technical specs and price points.
    Steve Sherrick

Banned
    Thanks Fredrik and Steve..Steve can u help me select an particular model in Sony or Barco...well i don't want to moderately..

Quote Originally Posted by Fredrik Harreschou View Post
    Panasonic 12 series plasma. Unless you have SERIOUS amounts to spend, look no further. http://panasonic.net/proplasma/lineup/
    Er... only the 58" is worth considering. Unless you have DEEEP pockets to buy the larger panels. The 58" is $2500 though, so can't complain. Other than that, the 50" and 42" 12-series are only available in 720p panels! The 1080p PF11 series has been discontinued, but there are still plenty out there to buy. But I can't recommend them, they are two panel generations behind current. HDMI interface for the Pro panels is still v1.2a and 8bit only.

If you're going plasma, I recommend the new Panasonic TC-PxxVT25 series (V25 series in PAL countries). They have the current panel (13th generation) with far superior DR, contrast and black levels. 50" ships soon, 54" and 65" will ship later this summer. There *SHOULD* be new Pro series monitors using these new panels soon, but no official announcements yet. I'm hoping to see something at NAB. But honestly, the only features the VT25 is missing vs. the "pro" model is the interchangeable interface boards. IMO, I have a hard time considering a $2400 HD-SDI card when it costs as much as the 50" VT25 monitor or as much as the 58" PF12 monitor. That's nuts... The AJA HDMI to 3G HD-SDI is $550 and supports 1080p at all standard frame rates as well as both 10bit and 12bit color input w/ 10bit output.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Just me and my 8K Monstro VV kicking ass.

There Are still no optinoal card for the pro series that support 10 bit HDMI?
    Ps:is tgr pf 12th series a 10 bit panel?

Thanks
    g

How do the Panasonic VT25 models compare to some of the Samsungs like the C7000 or the B8000 or B8500? Do you have any idea when the VT25 will be available? I believe Samsung also has some new models around the corner (9000 series I believe)...

Thoughts?

8. #8 Dell Monitor 
    Hey guys,

What about Dell U2410, 24". Sounds like a quick solution with minimal investment...
    Last edited by Luis Otero; 04-02-2010 at 01:18 AM. Reason: typo, as always
    Luis Otero

Colorist - Motion pictures painter..

Epic-X #1616 (Old Red One 711)
    I was scammed, and I love it...!

Digital Emulsion -
    Orlando, FL

IMDB: www.imdb.com/name/nm3889059/

I'd really like to know about the Dell too. Anyone tried it ?

I've recently read an article in the Cow that states that HP LP2480zx Dream Color is the way to go for low budget. Matched with the AJA Kona 3 and the HDP2.

http://library.creativecow.net/garch...ement/comments

Quote Originally Posted by Fredrik Harreschou View Post
    I agree but not in the smaller sizes. To improve it add a Davio, then you don't need to look further....

But Jeff is also right about the Panasonic TC-PxxVT25 series, They are interesting. I don't yet know if the TC-PxxVT25 series has the 'studio mode' facilities and 1:1 pixel mode. Studio mode increases contrast with out causing white out. Theres more info on this board to check out these features.