Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Bug...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Welcome back Jim from "R&R" (?) and thanks for keeping us informed. As an Epic reservation holder I can only say that, although I can't wait to get my hands on my Epic, I'm behind you 100%! Patience has it's virtues and rewards....

We have waited soo long, so what do some extra months mean to us? Nothing :)

But am I the only one curious about what type of bug it is? Only software/firmware type bug, or is it a design flaw that need more time?

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    When we 1st got wind of this, we decided to make EPIC in the US, hoping that the company would find a solution in time for Scarlet production. That now seems unlikely so we are now scrambling for a new partner.

Jim
    Do you have any info on what this means as far as the additional costs of production for you and/or the end-user?
    CINEPHOTOGRAPHER | DubaiFilm

INSTAGRAM | @JosephHutson

The answer is "No" 100% of the time you don't ask.

Honest bad news is what makes me want to stick with this company. They have the best interests at heart of the thousands who haven't bought anything from them yet.

P.S. Welcome back MrJ

Jim, welcome back. If you could just reiterate that the M-X upgrade effort is going well and REDOne is unaffected until the Epic/Scarlet program is sorted out. Thank you.

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Planer View Post
    We have waited soo long, so what do some extra months mean to us? Nothing :)

But am I the only one curious about what type of bug it is? Only software/firmware type bug, or is it a design flaw that need more time?
    Reasonable question. While we have several hardware items that require modification, but the primary "bug" is a firmware issue. The capabilities of these cameras are absolutely incredible (many features we haven't yet announced)... so the complexity of the system is beyond complicated. Somewhere in the firmware we have a big problem. I'm confident that we will solve it and deliver more than anyone expects... but for now we have a gremlin.

The past couple of years we have been on a roll. Humility has now set in. Until we solve this one... we are heads down and nose to the grindstone. Probably not a bad lesson for us to learn.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

7.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHalsell View Post
    Jim, welcome back. If you could just reiterate that the M-X upgrade effort is going well and REDOne is unaffected until the Epic/Scarlet program is sorted out. Thank you.
    M-X upgrade program is unaffected and rolling along at a good clip thanks to Brian, Brent and Kelly (and many others). No issues here.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Also... thanks to all the have shown concern for my health issues. They seem to be resolved. I'm getting old. But not too old to finish this job right. Any minor legacy I might have depends on EPIC and Scarlet being released properly. :-)

Jim

Great to have you back!

I know how frustrating and difficult it can be to try and track issues down in massively complicated codebases - our main product at work is something like six million lines! Working with firmware is even worse, since it's harder to debug too I'll bet... I hope you get it as soon as possible.

Glad to see you back posting in Recon Jim, always good to hear any news...even if its bad. We all have faith in what you and the RED team are doing. I'm perfectly fine waiting for Epic to get the bugs shaken out of it. My RED MX will keep me entertained until Epic comes out.
    Check out my new timelapse reel "Journey Part 1" https://vimeo.com/80871338

Custom Timelapse Shots using Epic and the 5D3
    http://599productions.com