Digital Cinema Engineer - LA
Abel Cine Tech is a leading camera equipment supplier to the motion picture and broadcast industries. We are a service oriented camera facility, specializing in sales, service and rentals of Film, Digital Cinema, Broadcast 2/3" and Compact HD equipment. Our Los Angeles facility in Burbank is currently seeking a full time Digital Cinema Camera Engineer to join our organization. This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic, hard working individual to participate in our exciting and fast paced company.
* Digital Cinema / Phantom camera equipment support, in person and by phone.
* Troubleshoot and diagnose client issues with digital cinema cameras from manufacturers including Sony, Panasonic, Red, Arri, VRI and others.
* Demonstrate cameras for potential rental and sales clients.
* Run formal Abel Cine Tech training programs for Phantom and digital cinema cameras.
* Train staff as necessary to support and understand technical aspects of new d-cinema technologies.
* Participate when necessary in R&D projects related to digital cinema and associated equipment.
* Manage technical support structure for digital cinema cameras and other tapeless camera systems in Abel Cine Tech LA including the showroom.
* Understand production and post workflows and technology including on-set data management, editing, color correction, and online editing.
* Preparation and maintenance of all Phantom cameras and related equipment for sales and rental departments.
* On-set technical and engineering support when necessary.
Requirements for the successful applicant:
* 5 years of industry experience and strong technical knowledge of camera, engineering, and post-production environments.
* Experience as a Digital Imaging Technician, high-speed or video camera technician.
* Strong knowledge of 35mm and digital cinema motion picture cameras, lenses, and accessories.
* 3D and/or digital high-speed experience a plus.
* Excellent troubleshooting skills.
* Good computer and IT experience.
* Strong communication skills and technical training capability.
* Undergraduate degree in technology or related field a plus.
Full benefits. Excellent opportunity for a technician that would enjoy working within a dynamic company that has a professional client base.