I have learned quite a bit about 3D this week but there are still some questions I have that I won't really know the answers to until it gets closer to shooting, or I perform tests myself. I would love it if someone could chime in on some of these remaining questions that I have:
Our video will be 4k 16:9 23.98 Redcode 36
- What is the widest prime lens I can use with the Quasar?
- Is there any way to shoot 3D with a 10mm or 14mm prime lens. Even if we crop it a bit?
- What is the purpose of linking two Red's with USB? Is it simply to start and stop both at same time with a single record button push, or are other things being linked via USB as well? If we are ALWAYS ROLLING and never stopping until we fill up a drive, can we ditch something on the rig, like USB (or something else unknown to me at the present moment)
- What else do we need to link both cameras? Genlock?
- Are there any issues or snafus we should watch for when shooting VARISPEED with the Quasar ? Both 12fps and also 48fps and even higher
- Can we change the shutter speed during a shot on one camera and then a half a second to a second later change the shutter speed on the second camera to match the first camera, or will they then be going at alternating cycles and not match up ?? Is this an issue that using USB or genlock fixes?
- Where to rent a Transvideo 3D anaglyph monitor for on-set viewing ?
- Where to rent a 3D multiplexer box for on-set monitoring using a Zalman 3D display or a Panasonic 3D plasma?
Everyone on the boards has been incredibly helpful to our production this week, thanks again.
Zak + Chad