Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Red in Africa

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Red in Africa 
    Hello folks,

I just saw some similar threads regarding the orders from different places, and I was wondering how many orders from Africa there are.
    I am based in Angola, and I have placed an order for one Red Camera.

Are there any other fellows from Africa as well?

All the best,

Fidel.

Fidel, if I might ask, what do you plan to do with your Red? Nature/Wildlife docs?

Well Fidel, I am based in Toronto but I have plans to shoot a music video in Ghana with a local artist. I am also hoping to travel to South Africa to reconnect and do some music videos with some friends who have returned to SA.

So many stories to tell about the struggle in Angola.
    Aluta continua!

.........Ian Sun..........
    Anansi Moving Images

EPIC X 00498 Baby!!!
    MX RED ONE 1080
    p+++

....... T O R O N T O .......

4. #4 South Africa 
    Hiya Fidel,
    I'm based in Cape Town, South Africa and cant wait to get my hands on the RED when it arrives.
    So I guess that makes two of us in this continent. SCORE! ;)
    -R

Hello all!

Tom,

I am setting up a production company in Angola and I will be making films, TV series, music videos, commercials, etc... I will be renting my camera as well to a few local production companies.

Bro,

If you watched Blood Diamond, that is a movie that could have been made in Angola. I have been in the diamonds mines and I know how it is like. It is a nightmare, a lot of people die burried while digging for diamonds. There are so many stories to be told about Angola in particular and Africa in general. In the movie you hear Dicaprio mention Angola a few times.

Rosferatu,

I have just returned from two weeks holidays in Pretoria. I did not have time to go down to Cape Town, but next time I go to South Africa I will be going to Cape Town. I have a few relatives in Johanesburg.

What do you plan to do with your Red?

I enjoyed two lengthy production trips to South Africa in the '90's. Each time, we were shooting an ESPN program featuring world tour professional surfing events (ASP World Contest Tour). On the first trip the event was at Durban, but before and after the event we traveled around South Africa shooting creative b-roll of cultures, nature, etc. We went all the way up by Mozambique. On the second trip, the event was at Jeffrey's Bay, but again before and after the event we again traveled all around shooting creative b-roll of cultures, scenery, nature, etc. I'd love to go back to South Africa (and many other places in Africa) with a RED One camera system and shoot some 4k footage!

I also shot 35mm stills in Egypt on another trip...an awesome visual experience...
    Executive Producer, Director, DP, Cinematographer
    Red pioneer: RED One 0008, Red One "London", Red One "Hollywood", Epic M 0008, Epic X (2)
    Golden Gate 3D - www.gg3d.com

Co-Producer, IMAX film CUBA - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ijvjeZ89qY
    Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/stevegibby/

Hey all, I cant wait to see all that 4k footage everybody is planing to shoot all around world!
    Awesome time

8.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #8  
    it amazes me the reach... ive gotta make some location sections.

I'm not based in Africa but I do travel there a couple times a year - mostly docs & NGO promotional work. We have a feature in development that's set in Malawi, though we haven't decided yet on a shooting location.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    it amazes me the reach... ive gotta make some location sections.
    Great idea, and maybe a "Projects" forum, where RED User members could share stories, frames, and clips from the projects they're using RED One on. That would be an awesome addition to RED User! (Perhaps divided into geographical areas and genres of production?)

The tech end of RED One is great...but then stories and frames of that tech in real world use around the world would benefit everyone in the RED community.
    Executive Producer, Director, DP, Cinematographer
    Red pioneer: RED One 0008, Red One "London", Red One "Hollywood", Epic M 0008, Epic X (2)
    Golden Gate 3D - www.gg3d.com

Co-Producer, IMAX film CUBA - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ijvjeZ89qY
    Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/stevegibby/