Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: IBC 2010 RED activities

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 IBC 2010 RED activities 
    IBC 2010 RED activities

Preparing schedules now for IBC with a number of companies that will be exhibiting at the show and have asked us to be a part of their activities there this year. I'm looking forward to seeing many of those shooting RED and supporting the RED camera for Production and Post production at the show, and showing off the latest developments in the RED world surrounding the EPIC.

Here's the list so far:

Assimilate:
    Big Screen Theater Presentation planned with them on Sat. Sept 11th at 1030am.
    (Other casual visiting times throughout the week as time permits, opportunities for close up look at EPIC and latest Scratch developments on their highly evolved, RED Rocket powered, fully native R3D grading and finishing workflows)

The Foundry:
    415pm on Friday, Sept. 10th
    4pm on Sunday Sept 12th
    1130am on Monday Sept 13th
    11am on Tuesday Sept 14th
    (Presentations and workflow discussions planned, chance for a close up look at EPIC and discussions on native R3D Post Production, VFX and Compositing with the Foundry solutions.)

Band Pro:
    1pm to 3pm on Friday, Sept. 10th
    1pm to 3pm on Sunday Sept 12th
    1pm to 3pm on Monday Sept 13th
    1pm to 3pm on Tuesday Sept 14th
    (casual meet and greet time each day, plans to show EPIC with the new super high performance Leica Primes, that are very well suited for the ultra high resolution 5k EPIC camera.)

Avid:
    10am on Sunday Sept 12th
    (Special Presentation, Q&A session and latest Avid developments for Media Composer 5 and Avid DS that support RED R3D footage natively for editing through 4k finishing)

AutoDesk:
    5pm on Saturday Sept 11th
    (Special Presentation, Case Study session and latest developments on Lustre, Smoke, Flame, etc. Covering AutoDesk's end to end support of RED R3D footage natively for editing, through 4k finishing)

I'll send this post to all these companies so they can chime in, let you know their stand and presentation locations at IBC (it's quite a large show) and give you more details as they come in. There are other off site and after hours events planned as well for many of these companies that you will want to know about as well.

And as there are many companies that will be showing their RED solutions at IBC that I have not scheduled time with yet, I'll be roaming as best I can to visit with them... I'm sure many will post what they are doing at IBC here on this thread.

After IBC, I'll be heading to Cinec in Germany for that show from Sept 18th to 20th, and then to NYC on the 22nd to give a presentation at the Createasphere event there, presenting some case studies with a few companies shooting and posting RED work in NYC on a regular basis. Plans to show EPIC at these events as well if you can't make it to IBC.

Should be an interesting September!

+ Ted
    Last edited by TedRed; 08-26-2010 at 11:30 AM.

Wonderful news.
    War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left.
    www.trikonatech.com

Hi Ted,
    Band Pro will be at stand 12.B20. We're looking forward to the EPIC/Leica combination.

See you there,

Seth Emmons
    Band Pro Film & Digital, Inc.

Free registration for IBC is just about to close, so if you're a skinflint like me get over to their website and register ;)

Quote Originally Posted by TedRed View Post
    .. plans to show EPIC with the new super high performance Leica Primes, that are very well suited for the ultra high resolution 5k EPIC camera.
    + Ted
    Thanks Ted..

like I need more incentive!! LOL

I'm desperately running away form buying a set of this

WOW!!!

EPIC/Leica combination at IBC 2010!!!

Should I miss it?
    "There is no point in having sharp images when you've fuzzy ideas."
    Jean-Luc Godard.

Dynamic range is, after all, the measurement between well saturation (photosite blowout) and noise floor.
    Thom Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by John Marchant View Post
    Free registration for IBC is just about to close, so if you're a skinflint like me get over to their website and register ;)
    Thanks for the heads-up on registration. Have been hoping to go for a while although still need to de-conflict a couple of things......might as well register for free though :).
    Regards

George

IBC 2010 RED activities

After IBC, I'll be heading to Cinec in Germany for that show from Sept 18th to 20th, and then to NYC on the 22nd to give a presentation at the Createasphere event there, presenting some case studies with a few companies shooting and posting RED work in NYC on a regular basis. Plans to show EPIC at these events as well if you can't make it to IBC.

Should be an interesting September!

+ Ted
    So unless you're planning another hop across the pond on the 23rd, I guess no photokina 2010 then (19th to 26th)? On the other hand Ted, think of all those extra airmiles you could rack up :).
    Regards

George

(casual meet and greet time each day, plans to show EPIC with the new super high performance Leica Primes, that are very well suited for the ultra high resolution 5k EPIC camera.)
    "Casual" should not be in the same sentence as EPIC 5k + Leicas T1.4!!! :)

Must be so tinyyyy... and BEASTLY!!!
    Writer - Director
    Crowing Lakes.com

After IBC, I'll be heading to Cinec in Germany for that show from Sept 18th to 20th,

+ Ted

Seems like I'll have the honour to meet you soon!