Thread: When was RED established?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 When was RED established? 
    Banned
    I'm just a little curious.

I was browsing through Wikipedia today and decided to look up Red digital cinema just for the heck of it.

I found a hard to miss detail that has got me a little curious,

On Wikipedia it says that the Red Digital Cinema Camera Company was established/founded in the year 2005, yet on the Red "Go Ahead" poster, it says Red was established in 1999.

Just out of curiosity, which is it?

1999 or 2005?

This is an interesting mystery. For the longest time the logos and everything said "Est. 1999" but recently they've been repeatedly saying that Red is "only 18 months old". I heard the contradiction explained that "Jim got the idea in 1999 and then actually did it in 2005". Perhaps it took a few years to get the Mysterium sensor together. It would make sense that he got the sensor in 2005 and then pulled a team together to make a camera around it. Otherwise, I have no idea why "Est 1999" floated around for so long.

Banned
    so almost 5 years in the making

The user "Girolamo Savonarola" is the one who added the info at Wikipedia. Stating "2005 date was mentioned by jannard himself". And leaving no citation. This edit was performed on September 4th 2007. Not even a month ago.
    November 3rd is likely to be the most watched day in Reduser history. It will be well worth it.

-Jim Jannard

Something
    Coming
    At
    Rediculously
    Low
    Expense
    Treatment

Everything
    Put
    In
    Context