We'll be shooting a documentary in the Oakland / San Francisco area between October 27 and November 04 (2010).
Could anyone suggest a good place to rent the necessary gear - it would be nice to haul as little as possible with us from Finland?
We're open to renting either from an individual or a facility.
What we need (subject to change, we may take some of the stuff with us):
- We'll be shooting with two cameras, we haven't yet decided whether we'll go with EX1/EX3's or 2/3" HD gear, or a combination of these (no Red this time, i'm afraid). In any case, the gear will need to be switchable to 25fps for PAL delivery, and we'll need to load the footage to a PC laptop while on the road (which narrows down the options a bit).
- Sticks etc. necessary accessories for the cameras
- Steadicam (my co-photographer is an owner-operator, but as said, we'd like to travel light)
- A small field monitor
- Small audio kit (2X wireless lavalier, 1X Shotgun + Boom, headphones, possibly a mixer)
- Small interview style lighting kit - i.e. 2X kinoflow, 2X Dedolight or similar
- possibly other stuff.
Here's a link to the production company: