Thread: Media copy via EDL?????

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Media copy via EDL????? 
    I am looking for a tool to copy files (not R3d) selectively via EDL.

Thanks.
    KARILLA IDO
    OPUS DIGITAL LAB
    TEL AVIV
    ISRAEL

Hi Ido,
    This is something wich have been discussed on the Scratch-List and I know 2 of our users who developped such tools.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Despe View Post
    Hi Ido,
    This is something wich have been discussed on the Scratch-List and I know 2 of our users who developped such tools.

Cheers
    Thanks Despe,

I know about the R3D dedicated tools. But I am looking for a general file copier via EDL.
    KARILLA IDO
    OPUS DIGITAL LAB
    TEL AVIV
    ISRAEL

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Esperanssa View Post
    Hi Ido,

Cheers

Daniel, can you point me to the users who developed the tools? Lim

Monkey Extract from Rubber Monkey software does this.....

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I just did this recently and wanted to share the knowledge: http://www.johnpilgrim.net/client/re...yFilesFromEDL/

That's funny. I feel like a parrot, that's keep screaming Resolve, Resolve, Resolve...
    Everyone is keep trying to invent new tools to perform something, that easily can be done in Resolve. In this case just use EDL to bring the shots into Resolve, select those shots in the timeline, right click and select "Trim Red". If shots haven't been trimmed, they will be copied in full to a destination of your choosing. Done!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jake blackstone View Post
    That's funny. I feel like a parrot, that's keep screaming Resolve, Resolve, Resolve... Everyone is keep trying to invent new tools to perform something, that easily can be done in Resolve. In this case just use EDL to bring the shots into Resolve, select those shots in the timeline, right click and select "Trim Red". If shots haven't been trimmed, they will be copied in full to a destination of your choosing. Done!!!
    Good to know Jake! I love Resolve. This wasn't for me so much about inventing a new tool, but extending my exisiting collection of Python, shell and XSLT tools for working with EDLs, XML/AAF and text metadata. One question however since I note your words "If shots haven't been trimmed" If my starting point is a client-provided picture lock EDL, which by its nature contains trimmed clips, does the Trim Red workflow you describe still make full copies of the original source material? Thoughts?

This is a work in progress. It is a Python script that parses an EDL and generates a shell script to copy the Red RDC directories referenced by the EDL to a specified directory. I could have had the Python script do the file copying itself, but I prefer have the opportunity to review a script that's going to be copying files before executing it. This approach also allows me to write simpler Python code, with less error and fault checking, than would be safe and prudent for a fully automated script.
    Last edited by John Pilgrim; 04-09-2013 at 05:55 PM.

How to run on windows , python installed and working.

does anyone have this working on Windows ..??
    Arun Kumar
    RedOne 22XX

RedOne Rental - DI - POST

Bangalore,India

www.clickcinema.in