The word post means a lot of things. edit cut, effects, color, score (audio edit, foley, efx) conform, quality and output.
If money is not an issue, then buy a
2. Mystika system.
3. Flame Advanced suite, Flame, Smoke, lustre, Flare, Maya etc
4. Smoke on a Mac/ Davinci Resolve on a Mac/ Adobe CS5 suite /C4D/Maya/ Clipfinder/Motu Digital performer/ Izotope RX (our current config)
4. Assimilate Scratch/maya/Nuke.
5. Avid DS/ MC5
6. FCP suite/ Redcine-x Clipfinder/ Adobe CS5 suite
7. Sony Vegas PRO
8. At the very base a Redrocket card with Rocketcine-X and good one light color training can enable transcode to a desirable format. After which you can edit with any NLE of your choice.
9. You can spend even less money and buy Nice Shoes R3D-form a plugin for FCP suite and transcode all your files faster than realtime, after which you can edit in FCP do your effects in Shake and cc in Apple color.
10. You can also wait for the release of the Foundry's Storm.
The configurations are endless and different systems work for different user skills and industry demands. All the above systems require time and dedication to learn all are great but none is entirely perfect for every situation.