1. What is a DPX?
2. Where can I find the program Clip Finder?
3. What's the difference between EDL and XML?
4. I am looking into buying a computer and was how many gigs of RAM are best plus processor in the ballpark of $1,500 for MAC. Any suggestions? Is it worth getting the RED rocket?
5. Organization question -- What's the best way to organize RED footage or files before color grading? Can the files be re-named as shown on the slate or would that screw up the files or connections to the proxies? If not, what's the best way of doing it?
6. After organizing, how should we edit the proxies on a final cut timeline?
7. We did edit proxies without organizing and it was a mess. Then we output to XML, imported into Red Cine X, build 351, color graded to our liking, but we are lost on how to export to a full quality sequence. Do we export in RED Cine as one timeline and then drop it into Final Cut into the timeline with the Proxies? Or is there a way to relink the proxies with the color graded raw files for a full quality export? This is where we are lost.
8. It also seems when editing proxies to XML, certain effects don't apply -- for example, widescreen, vignette, and slow-mo. How do we make these effects possible when we color grade on XML?
9. If we do export to a pro-res first, how do we relink those to the raw files for a color grade later?