Thread: Light Iron's iPad Dailies System joins Red#0031 on Set

Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Tim,

unfortunately you should be used to Threads leading some were else on this forum, it happens all the time and will continue
    to do so, it is part of the game, its just important not to steer to far away form it, however in this case the Bigfoot carts are in
    deed a fundamental part of what Michael is doing, so not too far off topic of this Thread's subject ;)

In fact I believe He has over a Dozen himself, and it is what we are also doing, well not a dozen but several of them
    to work together with Teradeks and iPads with LivePlay ;)

:I hear you Ketch...happens everyday and Im guilty of it too sometimes

I just really want an UPDATE on the status of LIVEPLAY...

but I am also interested in a BIGFOOT Group Buy. :)
    Kind regards,

Tim Whitcomb
    Filmmaker

Update of LIVEPLAY - yes.
    Bigfoot group buy - YES. They are custom made... so I suspect that the specs would need to be the same. I'll email Doug if there's interest.
    justin chin
    infinite machine
    www.infinitemachine.com

The collaborative software system LiVEPLAY is complete and out in dozens of productions where it is being stress tested daily. There will be 2 iterations available on the Apple iStore: LiVEPLAY Lite and LiVEPLAY Pro. Lite will deliver playback, looping functions and viewing only with or without Mac Webserver hosting. Pro will include all the metadata tagging options,customized PDF, XML, and CSV exporting within a secured network.
    The cost of Lite will be a 1-time fee of $4.99. Pro can be purchased on a 1-day license, 1 week, 1 month, and 1 year. This is to better serve the needs of small and large productions at a relative pricing.
    We are working with Apple now to release both applications within a month and pricing is structured with 1-day licensing at $19.99 up to annual licensing at $999, depending on the needs of the production. For users of the annual license, the cost of integrating this powerful collaborative network is less than $3.00 per day.
    LiVEPLAY Server has become extremely powerful and users will be very pleased with how easily it can be integrated into every type of production from commercials to features. We also have integrated a robust 3D tool for logging, tracking, and exporting 3D metadata from productions for easy 3D information accessibility in VFX and editorial. Light Iron is also building additional smart-apps for increased collaboration amongst VTR, Data Tech, and editorial. This includes our iPad Dailies software app code-named titled "Todailies" as well as our automatic file naming software of scene and take, code-named "Stitch."
    All of these applications including the updated LiVEPLAY and LiVEPLAY Server will be shown at NAB and demonstration videos will go online soon.
    m
    Michael Cioni
    Founder, CEO
    LIGHT IRON
    www.lightiron.com
    Blog @ michaelcioni.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Cioni View Post
    The collaborative software system LiVEPLAY is complete and out in dozens of productions where it is being stress tested daily. There will be 2 iterations available on the Apple iStore: LiVEPLAY Lite and LiVEPLAY Pro. Lite will deliver playback, looping functions and viewing only with or without Mac Webserver hosting. Pro will include all the metadata tagging options,customized PDF, XML, and CSV exporting within a secured network.
    The cost of Lite will be a 1-time fee of $4.99. Pro can be purchased on a 1-day license, 1 week, 1 month, and 1 year. This is to better serve the needs of small and large productions at a relative pricing.
    We are working with Apple now to release both applications within a month and pricing is structured with 1-day licensing at $19.99 up to annual licensing at $999, depending on the needs of the production. For users of the annual license, the cost of integrating this powerful collaborative network is less than $3.00 per day.
    LiVEPLAY Server has become extremely powerful and users will be very pleased with how easily it can be integrated into every type of production from commercials to features. We also have integrated a robust 3D tool for logging, tracking, and exporting 3D metadata from productions for easy 3D information accessibility in VFX and editorial. Light Iron is also building additional smart-apps for increased collaboration amongst VTR, Data Tech, and editorial. This includes our iPad Dailies software app code-named titled "Todailies" as well as our automatic file naming software of scene and take, code-named "Stitch."
    All of these applications including the updated LiVEPLAY and LiVEPLAY Server will be shown at NAB and demonstration videos will go online soon.
    m
    Thanks for sharing Michael, this is FANTASTIC news... it will be a lot more affordable to license your solution than to develop one. VERY exciting, thanks
    again for pushing the envelope and making digital file management smarter and smarter.

\EDIT: can you elaborate a little more about the <$3.00/day integration? thanks!
    Kind regards,

Tim Whitcomb
    Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Whitcomb View Post
    \EDIT: can you elaborate a little more about the <$3.00/day integration? thanks!
    Looks more like $2.7369863/day for an annual license.

www.SolarSystemStudio.com/

EPIC DRAGON - SCARLET DRAGON - DJI Ronin - Proline Raven steadicam

LiVEPLAY sounds very interesting. Having just done a feature with a clunkier iPad dailies workflow I designed, this sounds downright elegant.

Bigfoot Cart group buy? Yes please.

Thanks for the update Michael,

wil sure get the Pro version, just as son as Ron and I get together with the guys of BigFoot to get our carts done.

If you have time will love to get a quick chat with you in order to insure that we get the best specs to build our
    carts, for Epic 3D Production work.

fyi, liveplay, as michael currently has configured, is in a small pelican keyboard/gun case about 3 feet by 16 inches and 4 inches thick. inside sits the teradecks, laptop (server), wireless router and the cables to make all of that work together. there is also a space for the ipads in lid of the case.

so no bigfoot needed for liveplay.

also, it is my understanding that michael will license the software only and the hardware must be obtained and pieced together on your own. so the fees that he mentioned does not include the hardware.

that said, i am sure if you are on this forum, and reading this, you have the skills to put all the pieces together and make it work.

we have had the pleasure of using liveplay for about a month on many shows, music videos, commercials & promos (we had it for ABC and the Oscar promos a couple of weeks ago) and everyone seems to enjoy the convenience of the system and the power of the data it creates...this is a must get for owner/ops that go out as DIT's with their packages, a great way to keep the RED ball rolling...ALEXA can't play with this systems as it does not trigger the teradecks on/off functionality...so take that arri alexa (instamatic) lovers!

dino
    Formerly KOSMOS3D
    kosmos innertainment group, inc.
    EPIC-X dragon #00031
    EPIC-M dragon #00304
    EPIC-M MX #00087
    M-X SSD Red #0031
    Master Primes
    Alura Zooms
    YouTube = http://www.youtube.com/user/redone0031#g/f

facebook = https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kosmo...17311135048899

http://red31.com

i'm in the red book..check it out at: http://tinyurl.com/l9lfzp

Quote Originally Posted by dino g View Post
    fyi, liveplay, as michael currently has configured, is in a small pelican keyboard/gun case about 3 feet by 16 inches and 4 inches thick. inside sits the teradecks, laptop (server), wireless router and the cables to make all of that work together. there is also a space for the ipads in lid of the case.

so no bigfoot needed for liveplay.

also, it is my understanding that michael will license the software only and the hardware must be obtained and pieced together on your own. so the fees that he mentioned does not include the hardware.

that said, i am sure if you are on this forum, and reading this, you have the skills to put all the pieces together and make it work.

we have had the pleasure of using liveplay for about a month on many shows, music videos, commercials & promos (we had it for ABC and the Oscar promos a couple of weeks ago) and everyone seems to enjoy the convenience of the system and the power of the data it creates...this is a must get for owner/ops that go out as DIT's with their packages, a great way to keep the RED ball rolling...ALEXA can't play with this systems as it does not trigger the teradecks on/off functionality...so take that arri alexa (instamatic) lovers!

dino
    Great Post Dino, yeah we all have carts and Teradek's, and iPads, but there was clearly a need for a SOFTWARE app to manage this service and thank goodness Michael (and I trust Steve Freebairn) developed this... clients love seeing the dailies streaming like magic to the ipad, but then the novelty wears off when there is nothing to manage the clips.

SO excited for this in our market... and Rawls above works with us all the time, but it looks like I need to raise his rent! You hear that Sean?? hehehe
    Kind regards,

Tim Whitcomb
    Filmmaker